Watchtower looses Norwegian Appeal

by Diogenesister 43 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

they had a reason. Shunning of minors is violating childrens rights.

They always have a reason. The issue is whether shunning is child abuse legally. I pointed out that the State punishes children not considered child abuse legally.

JW want their children to have Bible moral values when they grow up. Even as children, there are consequences to conduct. The State will take the kids away from the parents if they commit crimes and that ain’t child abuse or lock up their parents and that ain’t child abuse as I already pointed out. Seems the reasons here have an ulterior motive behind it all, they don’t like JW to begin with and construing ways to stop them.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Why should people be taxed to support religion? People who want the religion to exist should keep it going with voluntary contributions.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Why should people be taxed to support religion?

Makes sense but Caesar does what it likes with taxes it collects juxtaposition property taken from JW that they bought with their own money in countries like Rissua. Fair to say that compared to the churches and other religions, the JW do not receive gov funding although as a legitimate religion they do qualify for tax exempt status, and to target JW and impose the tax based on not being a religion is bogus unless JW don’t meet some other legal requirement of the country.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

You know this is so simple. Follow the law. The Bible commands it. Being that WT claims to follow the Bible there should not be an issue. The Norwegian government is not commanding WT to break any Biblical commandments. In fact the government in question is not commanding anything. It is simply giving the conditions it will grant funds that it controls. The Norwegian government has that right.

As to the policy of child shunning, this is abusive. Any parent knows just how destructive bullying, social isolation and such actions are to a young person. It is simply wrong.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

JWs say to pay taxes and to be ‘No part of the world’, but complain about losing tax-free status and ‘worldly’ benefits. What a farce.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

as a legitimate religion they do qualify for tax exempt status

Funny how they’re ‘just another religion’ when it affects their bank balance.

• Ding
    Ding

Follow the money...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    FMThe State will take the kids away from the parents if they commit crimes and that ain’t child abuse or lock up their parents and that ain’t child abuse as I already pointed out.

That is a completely specious argument. The state removes children from parental care if the children are in dire risk and as for prison, either parents or kids are put in custody if they break the law!! Believe me in Europe for the courts to put a parent with dependent children in prison the crime has to be pretty bad, too.
    Jehovah's witnesses are known to practice social isolation within the home and by family members which is child abuse by any metric.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    dodgy knees - That is a completely specious argument.

I agree with you. It seems that once again, a troll for the JW cult is agreeing that the WBT$ is ok to abuse children. Something they are skilled at.

DISGUSTING!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Fisherman: The issue is whether shunning is child abuse legally.

I don't think that has to be the case. If it's illegal, then they can prosecute those who shun, and that doesn't seem practical.

However, they can attach conditions to the money they disburse to religious groups and organizations. Those may seem onerous and unfair to some of those groups, but this is money that the state donates to them voluntarily. JWs are willing to face persecution and even death to remain loyal to Jehovah. Not getting a free handout from a secular government should not be a problem. If they stay firm and reject the money, God will provide, won't He?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit