Watchtower looses Norwegian Appeal

by Diogenesister 43 Replies latest social current

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Watchtower has just lost its appeal in the Norwegian courts over the withdrawal of the funding it receives from the government as an officially recognised religion. The initial decision will now stand due to what the court termed 'exclusionary practices' which includes the witnesses barbaric practice of shunning minors, even by family members in their own homes. The Ministry of Children and Families have decided they are now no longer eligible for the State grant of 16 million Norwegian Kroner given to officially recognised religions.

The following is a statement has been issued, I have summarised if it isn't readable:

• Biahi
    Biahi

Good for Norway! I hope many other countries follow suit, defund the organization by any means! 😀👍🏻

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

This is good news! The governments of the world should wise up an tax them like a business since they are a business. Then they claim they are a charity. Go after them for fraud.

• waton
    waton

shame on wt to accept handouts from Satan's agents in the first place. Dont allow the hand you bite to feed you.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Bravo! Bravo!!

• Ding
    Ding

(Sarcasm warning):

Why would the Watchtower want money from worldly governments that are opposed to Jehovah's Kingdom anyway?

When I studied with Jehovah's Witnesses many years ago, they told me that the Watchtower doesn't ask for money because JWs voluntarily and joyfully donate all the money that's needed (after which, they sold me some WT literature).

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

a link to check the news? I can't find anything on the net

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

From 2021? What about 2022? This decision should be permanent.

I can hear them now. "We are being PERSECUTED! Proof that the "end" is SOON!"

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They would say that the money given them by the Norwegian government was an act of God on the WTS's behalf. Then they would say that this adverse judgment is Satan acting against God's people, because he is the god of this system of things.

There is always an explanation for any outcome, that shows that they are God's chosen.

• Tahoe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit