Jehovah's Witnesses DENY the Physical Bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

by JW Answers 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Cofty,

We are not discussing Coftyism or particular JW ideas about the resurrection. You dont tell me what I believe and you are no longer an elder in the Kingdom hall. I guess once a preacher always a preacher. Biblically the interesting thing is the incorruptible body of 1 Corinthians 15:53. I dont think such bodies rely on food.

Poop is not shameful or sinful but I doubt incorruptible glorified heavenly bodies do that and that is the only thing relevant here. Not silly atheist objections to the supernatural or jw ideas about biological human bodies on paradise earth .

• cofty
    cofty

Joan - a trantrum is not the same as a refutation.

Your Almighty God needs to take time out of running the universe to go and sit on the toilet. Hallelujah!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

oh Cofty,

You dont believe in incorruptible glorified bodies. Who gives a rat's backsides? But it would be interlectually honest of you simply to admit that rather then whine forth and back about the biological/naturalistical impossibilities of such a thing

• cofty
    cofty

Gibberish

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

@JW Answers:

Cofty, that is ignorant questioning...Oh, but to answer a fool to his folly:

What was worng in Cofty's question. Why you do ad hominem attacks ? . That proves your beleifs are fragile and you know that.

• Steel
    Steel

In 2 Corinthians chapter 12 Paul claims he was carried off to the third heaven and he didn’t know if he was in or not his body. I say just leave it at that.

The idea of Jesus returning as a ghost really means he didn’t rise from the death thus Christianity does exist. The watchtower is quite stupid on the subject.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@JW Answers

It is clear from scripture that Jesus rose bodily and that his risen body was corporeal. But how do you handle first Corinthians 15:45

New King James Version
    And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The apostle Paul also apparently disagreed with a “physical bodily resurrection”.

1 Cor 15:44 As surely as there are physical bodies, there are spiritual bodies. And our physical bodies will be changed into spiritual bodies. CEV

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A spiritual body that can be touched and that consists of flesh and bones is still a body. Remember, Jesus speaking of His body, said. "Kill this temple (his body) and in three days I will raise it up."

Obviously, from all accounts, His body saw no corruption, but was transformed into a spiritual body, that still bore the mark's of His passion.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s still a body—a spiritual one, not a physical one, according to Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit