Jehovah's Witnesses DENY the Physical Bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

by JW Answers 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Jehovah's Witnesses are taught by their organisation that Christ's body was disposed by Jehovah God, they deny the physical bodily resurrection and explain that He rose again as a spirit creature. As we take into account what the Watchtower teach, I explain from the bible that Christ rose again from the grave in His body, and showing forth that the Jehovah's Witnesses are in error.

In this video I cover: 1) The Watchtowers teachings on the resurrection 2) Christ's prophecy on His resurrection 3) The bodily resurrection as taught from scripture 4) Comparisons between Lazarus and Jesus resurrection 5) Paul's warning if Christ is not risen by His body 6) Paul's hope for the Church regarding Christ's glorious body 7) The New World Translation error which falsifies their reasoning of the resurrection.
    Watch here at:

The Watchtower's deception on the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

JWs:
    The man Jesus is dead, forever dead” (Studies in the Scriptures, Vol. 5, 454). “We deny that he was raised in the flesh, and challenge any statement to that effect as being unscriptural” (Studies, Vol. 7, 57). Jesus’ fleshly body “was disposed of by Jehovah God, dissolved into its constitutive elements or atoms” (The Watchtower, 9-1-1953, 518). “In order to convince Thomas of who he was, he used a body with wound holes” (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, 145). He was raised as an invisible spirit creature, with no physical body (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 214-215).

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Body of Christ Resurrected:

Christ's prophecy on His bodily resurrection:

John 2:18-22
    “Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But he spake of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.”

The resurrection, and Christ's body:

Luke 24:36-43
    “And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.”

John 20:24-28
    “But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

The Messenger of God's message concerning the Lord Jesus:

Matthew 28:5-7 KJV
    And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.”

They held His feet, indicating He was in a body!

Matthew 28:9
    “And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.”

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Lazarus:

Lazarus' body was facing corruption:

John 11:38-44
    Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Christ's body, unlike the teaching of the watchtower, did not see corruption:

Psalm 16:10
    “For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.”

Peter quoting the above verse in confirmation:

Acts 13:33-37
    “God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption: But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.”

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Gospel for today is recorded in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Regarding the Gospel, Paul explains that if a person deny's Christ's resurrection, then they are NOT Christians and also still in their sins.

1 Corinthians 15:12-20
    “Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.”

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Paul's hope for the Church concerning the Bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

Philippians 3:20-21
    For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”

We shall be fashioned unto His glorious BODY! Christ has a body in Heaven today.

Although the JWs deny this, by stating "Flesh and blood cannot enter...." Christ has emptied His blood, and was now in a body with Flesh and Bones, no indication of blood as His blood gave us the remission of sins, and He emptied Himself of His blood.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The NWT error which falsifies their understanding of the resurrection

1 Peter 3:18
    KJV
    “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”

1 Peter 3:18 NWT
    For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit”

Either Christ was quickened BY the Spirit OR He was made alive IN the spirit? God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor 14:33) and there seems to be confusion here. However by comparing verses with verses, we can identify what the correct meaning ought to say...

Romans 8:11
    But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

He was QUICKENED BY the Spirit, not made alive in the spirit, and the NWT explains the same in Rom 8:11 as well.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Yes pretty amazing the soul of Jesus was not allowed to rot as PR Psalm 16:10. Doubting Thomas was allowed to check out his body with soarmarks. Hallelujah thank you Jesus 😘

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

And lastly, there is a prophecy in the Old Testament, in which Israel will look towards the Lord Jesus Christ in the second coming. They shall look at the wound holes in his body! Indicating that Christ will not return as a spirit being, which the JWs teach.

Zechariah 13:6
    "And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends."

• cofty
    cofty

If Jesus still has a physical body in heaven what does he eat? Is there air in heaven for him to breathe and water for him to drink?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit