Jehovah's Witnesses DENY the Physical Bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

by JW Answers 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Yes I have forgot who told us Jesus was first raised in a state ,

Who was it ?

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

So the argument is that Jesus must eat up in heaven because he ate after the ressurection and probably after the glorification as well. Well no. Jesus can do whatever he wants. Atheists hate this fundamental rule. But there is more. God and angels visited Abraham and ate ☺️. As the heavenly existence is incorruptible, it can not be corrupted by thirst or starvation. Nowhere are we told God and the angels dine in heaven, the logical assumption is that they were simply being nice to Abraham ☺️.

But we need not be shy or embarassed about poop. It is natural and certainly part of our corruptible nature. As for the incorruptible nature, lifesustaining means such as eating and pooping are not likely ☺️

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Wikipedia

"The Gospel of Matthew repeatedly describes banquets and feasts as being present in the kingdom of heaven. Elsewhere, Jesus mentions eating and drinking in the heavenly kingdom. Some references to the heavenly banquet conceive it as being thrown by Abraham (cf. Matthew 8:11 sqq.). The heavenly banquet is mentioned in several third-century martyrdom narratives..."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its all fictional mythology so why argue and fight about it

Pointless is it not ?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Not really. Because if Jesus' actual body wasn't raised the whole Christian faith crumbles:

if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, ...16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! - 1 Cor. 15

As a side note, the biblical definition of death is not zero activity or unconsciousness. In the bible, death means separation of the soul, body and spirit from one another. Life is the opposite, it is the state when all three are joined.

There is much evidence pointing to the actual bodily resurrection of Jesus . The beliefs of those in the first century took down the worlds greatest empire without ever drawing a sword. The entire world counts time by the life of this one man down to this very day.

The bottom line is that if Jesus' actual body was not raised from the dead then no resurrection occurred. Even those souls now in heaven are not referred to as having been resurrected until they are reunited with their bodies.

Dead souls are in heaven, not resurrected souls. Resurrection refers to the body being reunited with its soul and spirit.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I have no problem with parties thrown at heaven, especially for the newly raised humans. But it could also be a metaphor for realities we can not describe in human terms. What is heaven like?

1 Corinthians 15 makes it clear the Christian hope lies in the ressurection. No ressurection we - not merely our bodies - perishes. No disembodied parties. Whatever Paul believed the soul was doing in the meantime, it amounted to 'no hope' ☺️

• cofty
    cofty

Good morning Joen. Have you had any word on what your god had for breakfast this morning? Has been to the toilet yet? I wonder what his schedule is. I wouldn't want to disturb him with prayers when he is on the loo.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Hehe Cofty, you are a very naughty man. I can only imagine the faces of the elder body if you spoke so naughty of some doctrine cherished by them. Oh my 😁. But my faith in glorified incorruptible bodies pooping is small. I dont believe such bodies need material stuff, it would sort of make corruptible. Im really sorry we can not find a fitting analogy in the material realm 🤭.

• cofty
    cofty
    I dont believe such bodies need material stuff,

You insist that Jesus' literally has his human body in heaven. Human bodies turn ATP into energy to do work. Our teeth, throat, stomach, intestines, liver, kidneys, lungs, heart, blood, pancreas, bone marrow and much more are all part of the process of turning food into ATP and transporting that fuel to every cell of our bodies.

If Jesus does not need to eat in order to live then it is nonsense to claim he has a human body.

Defecation, urination and flatlulence are unavoidable parts of the process. You worship an Almighty God who needs to go and sit on a toilet.

Own it!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Whatever Paul believed the soul was doing in the meantime, it amounted to 'no hope' .

Joen,

Scripture doesn't support that view. Disembodied souls are in heaven waiting for the redemption of their bodies.

And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Also:

2 Cor. 5

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord ....

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit