Jehovah's Witnesses DENY the Physical Bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

by JW Answers 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Out with the 4 gospels which were written 30-40 years after the so called events there is no real evidence that a man performed superhuman miracles , walked on water , raised the dead etc,died and was resurrected and acended to heaven in what ever form .

• cofty
    cofty
    No remember the body is glorified - no longer corruptible - Joen

If it doesn't perform cellular respiration then it is in no way a human body. Cellular respiration requires breathing and the digestion of food which necessarily results in flatulence, defecation and urination.

Either he still operates a human body of he doesn't, you can't have it both ways. You worship a god who goes to the toilet. No better than the gods of Olympus with all of their human foibles.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I can have exactly what I see in scripture but I doubt an incorruptible glorified body poops or feels tired or thirst but I have yet to experience it. At any rate those are natural functions, no need to feel shy about it ☺️

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

If you are going to use the Bible....then what about what Paul said about having a spiritual body? It implies something different than the human (natural) body.

(1Cor 15:44--"It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.")

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The whole resurrection story of Jesus is a lie. That is what I believe now.

Ok, even it was a bodily resurrection, why does it matter now. Has it solved the World's Problems?

Why argue about an Unnatural event, supposed to have happened in a timeframe immersed in Superstition. My Opinion

• cofty
    cofty
    I doubt an incorruptible glorified body poops - Joen

You insist that Jesus was raised in his human body. Cellular respiration is practically the very definition of a living body. That is only possible by digesting food and breathing oxygen. It is impossible to digest food without defecation.

It follows inevitably that you worship a god who stops for dinner and to go to the toilet.

Is there toilet paper in heaven? What happens to divine shit?

This is not reductio ad absurdum, it is simply following your assertion to its obvious consequences.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If Jesus did in fact exist and he did in fact die for our sins, what's the difference if his human body went to heaven or not so long as he's up there in one form or another and the sacrifice he made is still valid?

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

🤭 You forget we are told Jesus was first raised in a state where he did not allow Mary to touch him and then he went to heaven to be glorified. I doubt he now is thirsty, sleepy etc but he retains the memory of the human weaknesses. His body now human but glorified and incorruptible. In 1 Corinthians 15 Paul calls him the man from heaven 😘. As you are atheist, maybe we can liken this spiritual reality to something from the scifi realm; a cyborg. But a good one, not like Arnie in the original Terminator 🤭. Important point as well; he is in his humanity much more than Adam was. Adam was not glorified and incorruptible.

• cofty
    cofty
    I doubt he now is thirsty, sleepy etc but he retains the memory of the human weaknesses

Eating is not a human weakness. If Jesus does not eat he does not have any sort of human body (glorified or otherwise) and your doctrine is a hoax.

JWA is certain that Jesus still eats. Why can't xtians agree about anything?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Cofy, cofy....Now now. Haven't you ever heard the saying "Holy Shit?" Now we all know the truth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit