Wives Should Provide Sex On Demand - Dr. Laura

by Mindchild 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I couldn't believe that I was reading this in the news....

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,7446555%255E13762,00.html
    OK, dear it might fix my headache By George Gordon
    October 3, 2003

WOMEN are duty-bound to provide their husbands with sex on demand, claims a controversial book on achieving wedded bliss.

Wives have a "loving obligation" to have sex whenever they are asked for it - even if they are not in the mood, says American author Dr Laura Schlessinger.

The 56-year-old sex therapist and radio host says marriages will survive and improve if men are viewed as a "gift from God".

And she urges women to stop nagging and whining, saying: "Be honest girls, that's what we do".

Her book, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, will not be published until January, but it has already been labelled "outrageous" by feminists, marriage experts and psychologists.

Dr Schlessinger, who has a PhD in psychology, has written 60 books on marriage and attracts 100 million listeners every week to her radio show.

Her moralistic views have often clashed head-on with those who view marriage as an equal partnership.

In her latest book, she writes: "If husbands are expected to go to work and earn money and visit relatives they don't like, why can't wives put out on demand?"

Marriage counsellor Jennie Bergat condemned Dr Schlessinger's remarks.

"It is outrageous. Women have a right to be tired and if a woman is not in the mood, a man should respect that," Ms Bergat said.

"When you sign a marriage certificate you don't surrender privacy and rights. She is declaring that women are chattels to be used at the man's whim."

The Australian

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

So I wonder if the good doctor gives it up on demand?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Personally, I'm not interested in sex with someone who's participating merely out of a sense of duty.

Walter

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Got your hard hat on?

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

You know I agree with her. I don't understand never have this bullshit about being too tired etc. Now if your ill that is one thing but WHY would you not want to make love to your spouse. AND children are NO excuse I raised two they had bedtimes and after bedtime was our bedtime LOL

All I know is that Thunder and I are BOTH satisfied sexually we have sex at least at the min. 5 times a week.

I always find it weird when women BRAG that they haven't slept with their husbands one lady told me (as if this was a wonderful thing) that she hadn't slept with her husband in 10 years.

I also find it bizarre that someone will look for sexual satisfaction from a stranger but refuse their spouse. (NO I am not talking about illness, abuse situations etc) I am speaking of normal situations.

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

Sorry, I had a double tough time getting through this thread. I have little respect for this woman... she is an idiot!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This means my future hubby has to give it up whenever I want it right?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Because sometimes we're just too tired.

I work full time, have 2 children that go to school in 2 different school districts & 1 is autistic. Now, if that child actually goes to sleep when he's supposed to, mom & dad MIGHT get a peaceful night. 5 nights out of 7 - aint happening that way. We also are both involved in other activities (i.e. I do alot of advocating for children w/special needs), and sometimes I am to drained to do it. So what? There is no rule book that says a man should get it every time he wants it.

I've said no to my hubby on occassion, and we still have a normal healthy sex life. I don't feel like I HAVE to give it up everytime he asks, why should I?

BTW - I don't get it everytime I ask for it either - does that mean he's doing something wrong? Doubtful, the world doesn't revolve around sex - that's just 1 part of a healthy relationship.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Of course JO LOL

Funny Thunder and I never think of it as "giving it up" we look at it as a nightly activity, like brushing your teeth before bed but WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Better.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Ah yes, the good doctor....well, in my view, she's wrong.

PG - .....with the load you're carrying, it's amazing you have anything left at the end of the day. I never realized you had so much going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit