Introducing Myself...

by kyria 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

((((Kyria))))

Great story...A lot of my thoughts on the matter have been stated by others and in a better fashion.

I do want to add this though...you would think that those we left behind would ask themselves "I wonder what I could have done to make them stay?"

They don't. That's why so many have left. And also why we're better off.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Nice to meet you --- welcome to the forum.

Your story is one of exceptional strength. Hopefully it inspires others in the same situation that they, too, can come out, not just alive, but thriving.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Kyria,

Welcome to the board darlin...we like you I think...a lot...you've got courage.

Yerusalyim

• zev
    zev

welcome to the board.

when i opened this post i started reading and said, holy @$^* when i saw where you were from, originally.

you see, i was from the same congregation, and i remember you,i think. you were a very young girl way back then. i was a teen. you also may remember this person:

her name is Gwen Pytka. big family, 8 sisters in all. remember them?

my name is Harold , although i still cant post my last name because my parents, although not attending and technically inative could face ramifications if i announced my last name.

but maybe you remember us?

we are in the same area still, not far from the "old" place and not far from the new place, in lincoln.

are you in touch with your brother, noah?

drop us a email, [email protected] or [email protected]

i know i have a story posted here, in eight parts, ( i havent gotten around to part nine, the last part yet) but if you search aroung you'll find it.

welcome and we both look forward to hearing from ya.

Harold, aka zev

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the board.!

• kyria
    kyria

Harold, wow! Yes, I remember you, but it's very fuzzy... I think remember the names "Harold and Gwen" more than I remember the faces. I was able to find at least one part of your story...

My brother Noah is doing well, he actually left the organization before I did, but then, he WAS in college! We don't talk as much as I'd like, but things are less strained than they used to be.

This is very exciting, I'm going to send you an email.

Tonight I am trying to remember the name of that guy that got disfellowshipped and just wouldn't accept it. He used to stand outside of the Kingdom Hall on the corner of Mineral Spring Avenue and watch everyone as they left the Kingdom Hall. My brother and I used to be so afraid of him! I think his name was Ernie.

• talesin
  • MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Welcome Kyria, its good to have you here. I am new at leaving the Org also. Your story is almost exactly like my sister. You both have alot in commen except that she is barley getting divorced and she has not yet discoverd the truth about the "truth". Good luck and it seems that you are making a good life for yourself.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Kyria))

What an amazing story.

Welcome to the board. It's nice to have you here.

Lisa

• kyria
    kyria

Um... what's up with that empty post from Talesin? It's says that the editing was requested by a member. Did it have some personal info in it or something?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit