Introducing Myself...

by kyria 66 Replies latest jw friends

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome to the forum.

Your experience brings back many memories of my first failed marriage to a dub at 18 years of age. He had no idea how to treat a wife. He was 19, an elder's son, so I thought I was safe marrying him, wrong.

Thanks to Simon, this is a refreshing site for us to come and enjoy new friendships, although it can get a little crazy here at times.

love

cj

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Kyria - Hi there and welcome to the Board! I really think you'll like it!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's one hell of a story!

I like the way my past has molded me into a woman of eclectic experience and strength.

There's quite a few people on here that have stated something like this. I'm not one of them, because I originally never wanted to be a JW. I was forced into it by my parents. Oh yeah, and I'm not a woman either :P

Anyway, welcome aboard!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you for your story, Kyria. I'm glad you are a strong woman and you are finding your way in the world, with some enjoyment.

Hope to hear from you. It is nice to find a place that understands what we all have been through, just different voices.

j2bf

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Kyria: Amazing story... welcome to the board!!

You are definitely in the right place. A lot of us here can relate to many different aspects of your experiences. I look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Nice. It's great to read when people kick the JWs asses by becoming a success. Good for you.

But, I laughed when I entered the thread, because I thought of this line from Austin Powers...

"Let myself introduce....myself"

Nice to meet ya.

ash

• sens
  • frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Oh wow ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!!

You said : I am currently working on a one-woman show about my JW past
    That IS A VERY GOOD IDEA ... IT MIGHT ALSO HELPS A LOT OF PEOPLE ... Just do it Girl !!!

I can't wait to reading more about you !!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum! You are a bold and expressive writer, and your post was exciting to read.

The JW's say pride in yourself is a bad thing, that all attention should be directed to their organization or their Jehovah.

But you know what, you said you're proud to be who you are and I think that is great! You've earned the right to feel that you've accomplished much with your life, because you took the initiative and just did it. That is so inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your story here.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Kyria:

So many people have their lives all set out for them. Their parents pay for a nice little college education and they set about to get a nice little job and a nice little house with a picket fence. Although I envy that stability, I don't envy the worldview that comes with that tidy little life. I like the way my past has molded me into a woman of eclectic experience and strength.

Welcome to the board and thank you for tell us a bit about yourself. I know at times I thought I would shatter.. but did not. The whole mindset is scary and I am glad you escaped.

Hope to hear more from you.

X.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit