Re: New Songs for Memorial

by pixel 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• macys
    macys

OMG this is too good. So now all those unbelieving mates who come once a year can really feel awkward so that next year they will decide not to come at all! I like the way the GB is thinking!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The new songs, all, are crap; all sound horrible and the music is not enticing at all.

There are a couple that the music sounds like a melodic tango or a Jamaican tune to be enjoyed at the beach with a piƱa colada drink.

What is the freaking point? Crap, crap, crap!

DY

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I don't believe things are what they appear.

The WT does these kinds of things with a purpose in mind. Whether it be further mind conditioning, propagandizing, or plain old subconscious subliminal messaging.

There is a plan behind their facade of being spiritual.

These ******* are sinister if anything. I've been documenting them for a while now and they'll soon be exposed in the literary world. The physical literary world and that includes digital media.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The traditional Memorial song (No 8) had to be ditched this year because of the lyrics:-

"it was Nisan 14 when your glory was seen..."

The Memorial this year is not on Nisan 14, that is a month later in April. Hence, neither the invitation nor the talk itself make any mention of Nisan, the Passover, or the Exodus.

George

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

New songs? Haha not 10 percent of JWs are gonna study up on they music, lyrics or anything else.

Will be interesting to hear the reports back on how horrible the singing was on Meh-morial night.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    All the new songs are absolutely terrible, they have no melody. The lyrics don't flow naturally with the composition.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

freemindfade

Damn , that video is not available in Australia

The more the G.B. stuff up with their bad timing for new songs etc, and make the meetings an embarrassment for newbies and unbelieving spouse along with the rest of the congregation , I say keep it up G.B., you make our job that little bit easier. ( our job being , helping people wake up )

smiddy

• millie210
    millie210
    JW_Rogue
    Yes, why new songs on a special holiday? Wouldn't you want some traditional songs that everyone knows how to sing already? To me this is way to make families sing these songs at home. Practicing the song is further brainwashing for parents and children. Many will do it because they won't want the congregation to sound terrible singing a song they have never even heard

I agree. Take Christmas for instance...people love their traditional songs that go with this important holiday. Just the sound of the rich stirring music brings back memories of previous Christmas celebrations, thereby strengthening and enriching the bonds to the celebration and continuing it in to the next generation.
    Also, some folks come out once a year to Memorial but it does maintain that "tie" to the religion slightly. Going in and hearing nothing familiar will lend a feeling of unfamiliarity and discomfort and loosen that already tenacious tie.
    This was not a good move on their part. Or should I say, not going to achieve what they are hoping.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I love Christmas music! I begin humming it as soon as Thanksgiving is done. Love going to the stores and humming along. Love it, love it, love it!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit