Re: New Songs for Memorial

by pixel 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Splane is working overtime!
  • compound complex
    compound complex

When some of us played the piano at the KH and used the pink song book, we really rocked. For the most part, those songs were melodic and inspiring.

Then came the records . . .

CC

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Yes, why new songs on a special holiday? Wouldn't you want some traditional songs that everyone knows how to sing already? To me this is way to make families sing these songs at home. Practicing the song is further brainwashing for parents and children. Many will do it because they won't want the congregation to sound terrible singing a song they have never even heard.

I think you're on to something. They got rid of the bookstudy (for whatever reason, I know there's a few theories on why, none of which actually involve gas prices) and now I think they're struggling to replace the extra indoctrination with something. Sure they've given you the family worship night as a requirement to fill the void, but without the pre-planned content that JWs are so used many don't keep at it. If they give just a little content and "encourage" them to do it during the family worship night (that you're definitely doing regularly, right?) then it gives them more of a push (and a guilt trip) to actually self-indoctrinate more regularly.

• blondie
    blondie

BE GLAD YOU NATIONS WITH HIS PEOPLE

FEAR THEM NOT

FORWARD GO

REJOICE THE KINGDOM HAS BEGUN (I remember getting on my chair to sing the chorus with my 2 little firneds)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"How can we individually learn the new songs? "

Oh yay...they have to be told how to learn a song! Or at least the G B think they need telling.. Does it not insult the intelligence?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Another way that the "irregular" or "weak ones" who only attend once a year at the memorial will be made to feel left out!

• wifibandit
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Up next from your Cult leaders, something similar to this:

We Stand Tall

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Up next from your Cult leaders, something similar to this:
    We Stand Tall

The monthly music video already reminds me of that.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I remember the old days when there was live music in the KHs. One of the sisters who played the piano at our KH was a retired night club performer. She played Honky Tonk piano, so she always jazzed up the songs a bit and made them more lively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit