Have You Ever Served as an Attendant? Share Your Stories!

by Funchback 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• rocketman
    rocketman

I did it mostly at the Hall, but never at an assembly or convention. The attraction was getting up and walking around, not being tied to my seat and fighting off boredom and sleep.

• Swan
    Swan

With modern day laser printers it would be really easy for modern day apostates to make their own badges with "ATTENDANT" on them and walk around at the conventions. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Even the women could do it! Now that would really mess with their minds!

Tammy

• kyria
    kyria

Zev, you guys were drinking Brandy? That is hysterical! Well, you certainly were going to stay warm, that's for sure.

I also remember, even years later, some Witness kids getting into big trouble for talking on the cb. They were driving around and meeting up with *gasp* girls! Although, I'm not sure what kind of girls chat on a cb. This was all before the internet.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've worked as an attendent but I remember doing overnight security on a quickbuild. As soon as everybody else had gone we ordered a takeaway and unloaded all the beer from the car boot. We got drunk, went into the newly built kingdom hall for a game of football then went to sleep only to be woke up at 6am by the early starters rattling the gates for us to let them in! There was a lot of questions asked about how football marks got all over the newly painted walls but it never got back to us for some reason. That was a year ago this month.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes I served as an attendant for years -- car parking, security and loads of other areas -- what a priviledge I am now missing

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    With modern day laser printers it would be really easy for modern day apostates to make their own badges with "ATTENDANT" on them and walk around at the conventions. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Even the women could do it! Now that would really mess with their minds!

Hmmmm... sounds like a possible project for Valis to take on!

• qwerty
    qwerty

I was an attendant at every "ass"embly. At the district convention I became the assistant captain. I felt a wee bit stupid in the bright red tabard, which stood out from the other attendants in yellow.

One year we had a bomb evacuation. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get people off their butts. Later it was found that the device the bomb squad almost blew up was a recording device rigged up by some ASSembly witness! It look very bomb like too, with a little wire hanging out the side the box.

I was taken off has assistant to the Captain overseer and replace by some Elder. The reason? I was "only" a MS and not in a position to tell other elder what to do! From then on it was back to standing still for hours, looking for nonspiritual ones.

Qwerty

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Gadget,

Playing Soccer (Football) at night in the Kingdom Hall. Sounds like the first useful thing a Kingdom Hall was ever used for.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I worked out well too, we had the platform as a goal on one end, and the doorway as the opposite goal. We just had to watch for the ball getting stuck in the air-con pipes that were hanging down every where.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hahhhaha ohhhh yeah........... i had the licence to chill ........... in the hallways during the session. it was emblazoned in white ATTENDANT. it was always a fun gig.......... except for parking lot duty at the district where we always had our conventions in july when it is blazing hot hundred degree weather. ive been an attendant, counting........... had my own section . the section i kept getting tho was always a part of the section reserved for older ones and the ones assisting them........... so i would sit at the top of the section in the place best suited for being able to see the entire section for the count. i had another brother asssisting me in the count and lets see i was like 28ish and he was prolly 21, both of us looking much younger lol so i got prolly twenty or so "attendants" bitching about me siting in the section reserved for older ones............ so i quit answering them when they tried to chastise me for it........... and i would calmly reach for my jacket....... put it on slowly.............. this of course would piss them off cause they would automaticly think i was questioning there authority hehehheh........ then i would turn towards them and my attendant badge would show.......... and some would then gripe at me for thinking that gave me the right to sit anywhere or behave however i wanted to lol........... and i would calmly say.................. do you have a section to count brother............. well im sitting in mine.......... why arent you in yours? lol nazis. ive been in security, ive been the watchman, ive been the guard to the administration and accounting rooms............ btw anyone that acted like they belonged got in lol cuz i didnt care unless they tried to walk out with money bags lol............ then id just want my cut lol jk. i've followed suspicious looking people..... ive had to tell sisters that they couldnt bring in a stroller or icechest. told kids they couldnt play on the escillators or to stop running lol. ive assisted at quick builds and helped run the sandwich assembly line or the food stands. i never was the a$$hole that other attendants were tho lol. ive blocked off the convention center when a child dissappeared............ which i was proud of.............. untill i found out i was protecting child molesters in the flock i did think tho that there was one job i shoulda tried for.................. baptism assistant lol that way i could get wet with all the new hot sisters hehehehe but tho im lame................ i never sunk to that level lol. and now apparently never will lol. being an attendant was fun tho lol where else can you stand in the hallway with someone during the session and talk about cars guns or women lol and be thought a good solid brother lol. if i were to shave off my goatee............. and walk into an assembly i bet ya fifty bucks i would have someone asking me where i was working and when i said no where they would say........... well you are now lol. so i stay away from them like the plauge lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit