Have You Ever Served as an Attendant? Share Your Stories!

by Funchback 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

Badger... Too bad you didn't get any hotel keys...hahahaha! Great story, BTW, about the ignorant brother whom you put into place. Way to go!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith... I see you still haven't gotten laid yet...hahahahaha!

I'm so transparent, but I have plans, big plans.... maybe even this weekend

• suzi_creamcheez
    suzi_creamcheez

I wanted to service an attendant. I had a huge crush on this one as a teenager. He knew about it and was embarrassed by it. boo hoo.

I liked volunteering at the assemblies as a kid. I drank lots of coffee, and get very "inspired" by the proceedings. It was a total rush being on the platform too.

• Funchback
    Funchback

jwbot... So much for having dreams and goals (as a woman) in Dubland. Isn't it nice that men AND women can come to a place like this and be able to freely express themselves?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Being in the press department meant I could wear a badge which said "Office", and THAT made me feel important, especially as those with "Attendant" signs asked who I was and what I did etc.

Later on, I was assistant convention servant and wore a badge which said "Administration", and wow! did that make me feel good .....

• Gadget
    Gadget

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/55045/800915/post.ashx#800915

she was challanged by an attendant and given a bit of hassel so she hit him!
  • Mutz
    Mutz

I was asked to work as an attendant on security a few times. There were some real sad muppets who thought they were Dirty Harry or someone similar always volunteering for that job. I remember one year at the DC a couple of young brothers who were working the night shift got bollocked for having a toy gun, one of their 'mates' dropped them in it.

• RR
    RR

Attendants? That was the worse assignment, I always declined, although one time I worked the kitchen, had to be at Yankee Stadium at 5 am to make hoagies. Oh, what a privilege! I did get the best seat in the house, since I got there first!

RR

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Oh my bad, I misread this. I thought the question was asking if I had ever serviced an attendant.

*Putting on my Attendant consume*

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Back in the early 80's, I served as an attendent on several occasions.

One time (around 83, would be my guess), near the close of sessions on Sunday, my supervisor popped up (literally, since I was in an upper arena section) so fast that he woke me up (again literally, since I was, well, never mind) and motioned me down. Apparently, some apostates (probably from Lethbridge, the apostate capital of Canada), had placed handbills on all of the cars. Several of us were assigned to run around the parking lot, taking off the handbills and throwing them out. Like a good little Witness, I did as told, and never even looked at the handbills.

Well, this experience gave rise to a short cultural phenomenon among the younger attendants in the area. My friend and I invented the fictional confrontation between 'tendants and 'postates (always spoken in a hillbilly accent - ie "Hoowee, we gon have a good time bashin 'postates). You could tell them apart because the 'postates were marked with a big "P" on their foreheads, whereas the 'tendants were, of course, marked with a big "T".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit