What Was Your Reputation In The Congregation?

by minimus 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    What was your reputation in the Congregation Mini?

Oh Lord. I hate sequels. Haven't we done this a few dozen times already?

"Hold on to your hats. It's going to be a bumpy night." -- Bette Davis, All About Eve

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, notperfectyet will never be if she remains obsessed. The poor soul needs help.

• sens
    sens
    with the exception of R movies.

Tell the truth plz doc, they were all triple x....behave plz

• RR
    RR

Hmmmm .... I was different things in different congregations. I was considered the historian, because I knew everything there was to know about the Society and their history, then again, few knew anything about the Society's history.

• minimus
    minimus

RR------You must've been considered "dangerous".....Too much knowledge of WT. history is worrisome to many folks.

• RR
    RR

Yeah, I was a threat by some, which is why when the Jersey City area I served in was bombarded with apostate mailings, [letters, tracts, books, phonecalls on message machines] some thought it was me because it quoted older material and had copies of said pages.

But it wasn't me, I wouldn't waste ,y hard earn money mailing out COC and other stuff to people, what am I made of money???

Funny thing though, as much aqs I was discouraged from my hobby, I had the most complete library in the area, and elders were constantly in my home doing research for a talk.

• kyria
    kyria
    kyria: Sorry, but that kind of behavior is against forum rules.

Welcome!!

Oh no, another society whose rules I just can't follow!

Thanks for the welcome...

• simplesally
    simplesally

Actually, min--------- what did happen? Did they end up and delete you or did you step down? You said that you started going to the meetings sporadically and now your wife isn't going. What has been the fallout? How did others see you? Maybe it would be nice if you did answer the question you post .............Like when you pose a question, you could answer it and then let others give their answer. Just a suggestion because you do have good questions.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Mr. Reliable, Spiritual, up and coming Elder.

Qwerty

• minimus
    minimus

My reputation was "an example to follow". My family have been Witnesses since the 50's. When I resigned as an elder, I was asked by the body and the CO not to do it. I was very much considered the "voice of reason" and I had considerable judicial experience. The 1st night I was appointed an elder, I became a Book Study Conductor (overseer) and Theocratic Ministry School Overseer and I served on 2 JC meetings! Shortly after this I became secretary and a couple of years later I was appointed the Presiding Overseer. ....I left that congregation after some issues arised and went to the congregation that I'd been a member of or the last 15 plus years. Today a MS came by my work to ask me how I was doing and that I was very much missed. I've recently gotten cards and messages telling me the same thing......so, I guess my reputation was pretty good, all in all....I have mentioned in other threads that we haven't been to a meeting in months and are now "irregular". My wife is actually doing quite well and has gotten closer to her family and their friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit