Anti-Americanism

by Englishman 105 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Oh and by the way, if you say something anti soldier here during a time of war then I myself consider you anti american

Actually, I was referring to people being critical of a War itself, and still being called soldier haters. As much of my family at one time or another was in the marines, I can sympathise with people who get mad at those who call soldiers baby killers.

But, being critical of the vauge generalities of policy can sometimes get people's blood boiling. I just don't see what gets people so worked up.

ash

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I just don't see what gets people so worked up.

Me neither

LOL. People are morons.
  • dubla
    dubla

imo, a lot of it has to do with attitude, not solely opposing views on specific topics. i think you can tell over a period of time if someone has an anti-american bias or not. do they jump in every chance they get to add their negative two cents about the latest controversy involving america? do they scream just as loud about similar actions by other countries? what is their general tone when discussing a topic that centers around the u.s.? are they always quick to criticize, or do they approach the subject with objectivity? do they look for things to criticize? are they just as quick to praise a good act as they are to criticize what they deem to be a wrong act? maybe this is too simplistic, i just think that attitudes (toward the u.s.) come accross over and beyond what the specific criticism may be.

opposing the war doesnt make you anti-american, and even though many try to paint the picture that this accusation has been tossed around left and right, i really dont think there is a large number (if any) of posters on this forum that actually believe opposing the war makes you anti-american. but can a poster come accross as anti-american while opposing the war? i think so.....attitudes show through. for example, i remember a poster stating something to the affect that he opposed the war completely, but at least the british gave their missions more pc titles than the americans did (inferring that the british were still somehow on a higher plane). how ridiculous is that? whats the point of turning everything into a pissing contest? how picky do you have to be in your criticisms before it goes beyond simple policy opposition?

i personally think its easy to tell the difference between someone simply opposing some american policies, and someone making it a point to oppose and criticize damn near everything america has done, is doing, and will do. do we really need a definition to spot these patterns?

aa

• Valis
    Valis

um Eman, do you mean anti US? The Americas are a big place you know... When we as citizens raise the red flags of dissent the logical and reasonable among us call it the true act of a patriot, and the people in our country who don't like dissent are the real anti US forces. People who think dissention and disaproval from within is tanamount to treason are often the rabid forces that wouldn't mind seeing our government always get what it wants all the time, regardless of the consequences. Those people outside the US are entitled to their opinions, as long as their house is in order that is. Anti US in thought and action are radically different things, although for many of the lunatics in the wolrd they go hand in hand, often with a deadly result.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

What dubla? No quote? Surely you must have a quote from a post of mine ready and waiting?

I agree with Englishman, it would be bad form to go over to America and criticise their country and I don't want to talk politics with anyone while I'm there ... besides, I know what sort of gun-toting psychopaths they all are from watching Bowling for Columbine

For the humour impaired ... that was a JOKE !

• dubla
    dubla
    What dubla? No quote? Surely you must have a quote from a post of mine ready and waiting?

well simon, i was trying not to call you out personally....but since you felt the need to do it yourself, care to dispute my example or my points?

aa

• Valis
    Valis
    besides, I know what sort of gun-toting psychopaths they all are from watching Bowling for Columbine

Will someone edit this trool before he starts a flame war? *LOL* Where IS onanism when you need him? *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I have a really cute little 38 special. It's shiney and soooo smooth. Sometimes I just have to give it a little kiss before I fall asleep.

And I only shoot anti americans and stuff

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I have a really cute little 38 special. It's shiney and soooo smooth. Sometimes I just have to give it a little kiss before I fall asleep.

And I only shoot anti americans and stuff

Wow, now that's just scary! Glad to see you're doing your part to promote peace and unity!

• Simon
    Simon
    well simon, i was trying not to call you out personally....but since you felt the need to do it yourself, care to dispute my example or my points?

No, I don't think you have a point and just like to argue over words. Pearls, swine and all that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit