"No more than 40 years"

by dynamiterose77 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

In another corner of the internet someone stated that Witnesses are proclaiming that this system will be no more than 40 years now... that "Gog of Magog" will start the great tribulation. Can anyone confirm this latest "prediction"?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If that is the case, it must bring a lot of comfort to those who are in their late 40's or older.

Rub a Dub

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Isn't that what they were saying in the late 1800s?

• skin
    skin
    Isn't that what they were saying in the late 1800s

It was only 30 years back then.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It was only about "84 months'' until the 'end' in 1968.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In 1969 young people were told they would not complete a 4 year or 6 years college education. (Awake! 05/22/69)

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

In 1941 recipients of the book children by then President Rutherford were told that Armageddon was months and not years away

• dynamiterose77
    dynamiterose77

I'm just trying to confirm if they have made an actual, current, "40 years" prediction. I'd just like to get it in writing somewhere... so that I can be an cackling old lady in 40 years time. "OVERLAPPING GENERATIONS! HAHAHAHAHA" and then I'll die with a smile on my face.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Watchtower of December 15, 2003 pages 14-19 tries to make its readers believe, without saying it clearly, that the end might come in 2034. Noah's time of the end lasted 120 years before the deluge. We are already 90 years into our time of the end that started in 1914. So, the readers would easily calculate that 1914+120 years = 2034.

Atlantis!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This has been going on since Christi-SCAM-ity has been going on. And it led us to science being suppressed, knowledge lost (and not being gained back), laws that cater to this cancer of a religion, and so on. Yes, the end will be here--for the common people and freedom. When? As soon as Christi-SCAM-ity and the reptilians running this s*** can enact it, that's when. And this time, no hope for a Renaissance.

The jokehovians have also been doing this. They were a reaction to an argument back in the mid 1800s, when everyone was speculating that the end was coming soon. Dates in the 1830s, 1840s, and 1850s were thrown around. And then some idiot came up with 1874--in 1872, as the final settlement of this argument. Sure, it was settled--in 1875, when nothing happened and they simply pushed the date back to 1878. To that, 1879 answered. No problem, simply push the date back to 1914--again, 1915 was a better answer than any arguments. Similar to some idiot that kept posting that 2011 was the definitive end--and tried to "prove" it. As with the jokehovian witlesses, it was proven wrong by the year 2012.

Assuming Christi-SCAM-ity and communism don't seize and enslave the whole world (and I have no date prediction for that--it will happen when they are able to make it happen regardless), they will be in the same position in 2035 as Poster "The-End-Is-Coming-In-2011" was in when 2012 dawned. And, when they say "in 40 years", what happens in 41 years (unless, by then, the whole earth is fully communized or has been prepared for the reptilians to live on)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit