"No more than 40 years"

by dynamiterose77 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I'm just trying to confirm if they have made an actual, current, "40 years" prediction. I'd just like to get it in writing somewhere

There is no such thing in writing anywhere in the publications of the JW's.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been waving that carrot on a end of a stick for over 100 years.

Some things never change.

WTS/JWorg. = fear mongering apocalyptic publishing house.

• waton
    waton

WTWizard is your middle name really Lizard, like in ikky?

40 years? counting from 1914+120=2034 +40=2074 make that one more , a nice wt wackiness centennial reminder.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I'm just trying to confirm if they have made an actual, current, "40 years" prediction

Dynamiterose you won't find it in writing, it will be sneaked into COs talks and hinted at in elders meetings which then gets out to the elders' families, then spreads further.

Just like the 1975 fiasco, and all the others before it, nothing will be in writing it will just be absorbed by the congregations by osmosis. Then forty years from now the GB will say we never said that, it's not in any of our publications.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Offer any J.W the following wager if they say 40 years at the most, say this :

" O.K, I'll give you 60 years, will it definitely have happened by then, do you have real faith in that ? If they say " yes", then say " O.K, in that case, sell me all your worldly worth, today, for $10.00, and I will not collect for 60 years, if I am not around then, after 60 years my descendants will own all of your Estate, which you won't need if you are in paradise ".

How many would take you up on that ? Therefore do they really believe any of it ?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Never heard anything like that but I haven't set foot in a Kingdom Hall in 2 or 3 years now except for the odd Memorial. It's probably like that story I shared a few weeks ago about an Elder telling me the CO said 5 years to go, it's not official policy. Maybe somebody told them about Flodin's morning worship remark a year or two back, 'does that mean this old system will last until 2040?' and either heard it wrong to remembered it wrong and just went with the 40 part

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

XANTHIPPE:

I agree with what you say about their sneaky way of leaking things out and changing the thought process of all the JWs...

It would not surprise me if this may be a new teaching in the making..Since there is nothing in writing they have plausible deniability.

• sir82
    sir82

No no no - 40 years is too much.

You need to say that "Armageddon can't be more than 3 years away".

Three years - close enough to make it sound like you haven't lost faith, but not so close that you have to, you know, do anything that demonstrates you really believe that it is that close.

Armageddon has been "less than 3 years away" for the past 100+ years.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sounds biblical to me. The number 40 is way over used in the bible! 40 must be some sort of critic number for the wt!

just saying!

• waton
    waton
    Just like the 1975 fiasco, and all the others before it, nothing will be in writing Xh,

I remember 1975 being in writing. in a red book? 1925 I believe was in writing too. and 2074 is in writing too, in D. Splane's charts. older than F. Franz anointed under- and over-lappers. counting from 1992. do the math.

wt inc now has enough escape dates spelled out into the future to blame it's victims for having "unrealistic expectations".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit