Fables, Farces and Facts

by Farkel 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

True Believers TM will believe in anything. I guess whales (that didn't swallow Jonah because that would involve the "miraculous") came from wolf -like or cow-like mammals, according to True Believers TM (in evolution that is).

National Geographic Volume 50:

"The whale's ascendancy to sovereign size apparently began sixty million years ago when hairy, four-legged mammals in search of food or sanctuary, ventured into water. As eons passed, changes slowly occurred. Hind legs disappeared, front legs changed into flippers, hair gave way to a thick smooth blanket of blubber, nostrils moved to the top of the head, the tail broadened into flukes, and in the buoyant water world, the body became enormous."

• little witch
  • hooberus
    hooberus
    First, keeping the sun still for a day would not prevent darkness. It?s the rotation of the earth that causes light and darkness. This shows that the writer believed the sun revolved around the earth.

When your local weatherman on TV tonight discusses the "sunset" and the "sunrise" be sure to call the station and explain to them that they need to fire their weatherman because the sun does not really rise or set, the earth rotates.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/243.asp

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

? Now these are the kings who reigned in the land of E'dom before any king reigned over the sons of Israel.? - Genesis 36:31

The moment I read this I had to look it up - I couldn't understand how I could have missed this... then I saw it. Round and about the scripture name upon name is rattled off. Anytime I ran into a paragraph like this in the bible I skipped it. This totally blew me away! Thanks Farkel!

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I wish I had the patience to investigate things like this. Thanks for pointing this stuff out Farkle. For myself though I need only see the hypocritical BS that goes on amongst the Dubs to kknw my leaving was the right decision. In fact I stumbled upon a group of them in a Starbucks today. I wondered if the "society" would approve of them spending $2 a cup on coffee, when funds are needed to pay their lawyers to defend the child molesters!

Thunder

• wasasister
    wasasister
    "a wicked generation seeks for a sign..."

One doesn?t have to believe in the veracity of the Bible to accept the above statement from Jesus

Perhaps not, Paduan, but please answer this:

Does not the legitimacy of Jesus Christ as the Son-of-God rely on the veracity of the Bible? If the Bible is not reliable, how can one put faith in the Messiah to whom it points? If the Bible is even occasionally in error, how do we believe what quotations are attributable to Jesus?

And finally, did Jesus' own mother, who was the closest and most personal observer of his miraculous birth, believe from the beginning in his ministry? If not, why not?

Just askin'

Wasa

• Farkel
    Farkel

teejay,

: I'll be praying for you.

Kewl. Just don't pray to BibleGod(tm). He screws people up and enjoys doing it.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

hooberus,

You said:

"When your local weatherman on TV tonight discusses the "sunset" and the "sunrise" be sure to call the station and explain to them that they need to fire their weatherman because the sun does not really rise or set, the earth rotates."

Strawman, and a rather stupid one at that. Name a single weatherman who believes the sun revolves around the earth. Get a clue. Either the account I referred to is allegory or it is fact. Stick with the issues. Did God stop the sun from moving or didn't he? If he did, he doesn't understand the nature of motion of his very OWN creation. If he didn't, the story is a lie.

There are no other alternatives, and you'd better get used to it. I can smell a strawman a mile away. I've trained myself to do this, just as you've trained yourself to offer those silly false-rebuttals up as "evidence" and hope no one will notice. I, for one, notice. There are others who do, too.

Nice but a totally lame try.

And by the way, no one has come forward to answer wasasister's question. Why not?

Farkel

• shamus
    shamus

Farkel said the "s" word! Farkel said the "s" word!!!

Shit.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Wasasister
    Does not the legitimacy of Jesus Christ as the Son-of-God rely on the veracity of the Bible?

Why?

?. which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred??

If the Bible is not reliable, how can one put faith in the Messiah to whom it points? If the Bible is even occasionally in error, how do we believe what quotations are attributable to Jesus?

?A stranger they will not follow?.. (even so) I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also?..?

And finally, did Jesus' own mother, who was the closest and most personal observer of his miraculous birth, believe from the beginning in his ministry? If not, why not?

She continued to wonder

? . they did not understand ?...... (but)...?his mother kept all these things in her heart.?

And Farkel,

Either the account I referred to is allegory or it is fact.

Not a description, like the weathermen? Are you becoming the sole channel for biblegod(tm)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit