Why I like the Mormons and why they are so much nicer then the JWs.

by new boy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• John Free
    John Free

I once had a bible student whom had previously been a Mormon (investigator)- student. He had decided that he didn't believe teachings such as- Mormons will one day be a God over their own worlds, so he ceased having an interest with the group. -the Mormons shunned him.

I have also met other excommunicated Mormons whose family have cut them off.

• John Free
    John Free
    I think they are as bad as each other, they only encourage higher education so they can collect their 10℅ tax -for life.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So being a Mormon might seem nicer than being a JW.

I would rather be myself and think for myself.

Prostitutes are nicer to you as long as there's the possibility that they will profit from their niceness. But in the end, they are self-serving lying whores just trying to make you feel good while they take something away from you.

• blondie
    blondie

www.ex-mormon.org

Try reading this,,,,and find out Mormon version of "nice"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think both religions are whacked. I know a LOT of both and the LDS win for being good neighbors in the literal way and the Jesus way. JWs can't touch them.

If all religion removed all the "spiritual" and doctrinal stuff and was left with the Christian 'life', the JWs would all be just plain dead. Mormons practice their religion in practical and truly neighborly ways. They help each other and their neighbors, their tithes support the things that the church does (and they do a LOT-their tithes support the community in the way they should). I can name some stinkier things that are official doctrine, but in everyday life, they practice being good neighbors and I think Jesus (who I believe existed) was more interested in informing what we do than what we blather about.

• All for show
    All for show

A very devout mormon I worked with said the joke with his mormon friends was : "When you leave the Mormon church you get an extra day off and a 10% Raise"

I thought it was pretty funny and they could joke about themselves. What would JWs tagline for leaving be?

Their still a cult- but If I had to choose, I would much rather have been mormon. At least they go to college and get to celebrate holidays.

• Lieu
    Lieu

They don't bother me. However, there are no magic clothes. That's ridiculous. Also, Angelic creatures have no business using ancient Egyptian for English speakers. That's also ridiculous.

The discoveries in Egypt during Smith and Russell's time were all the rage in those days. It was new, it was exciting. It was a European obsession. That's why we see so much silliness with Egypt during those years.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just don't get into an argument with the Mormons about the bicycles they ride.

I nearly got into a fight with the two bastards when I told them my Trek model 5100 would kick the ass of their Raleigh bikes.

IMO, if you are going to be riding a bike that much get a really good one.

Rub a Dub

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

How many Mormons does it take to change a lightbulb?

Ten, one to change the bulb and nine to bring desert.

It's just another cult, better than JWs on some things, worse in other ways. They celebrate holidays, but have to wear magic underwear and can't have coffee or alcohol, so there's that. I knew a woman whose family shunned her because she refused to join, it's not as strictly enforced, but it does happen. I am glad I don't have to do either brand of crazy.

• just fine
    just fine

When you have to live in a place where non-Mormons are the minority - you have a different point of view. They try to control EVERYTHING.

They own a lot of land around the world and not just Temples or Ward/Stake houses- ranches, farms lots of money making endeavors. The church run businesses require you to be Temple worthy to work there (yes it's legal), And then there's the special underwear........

The Book of Mormon is all made up crazy talk. About the how the ten lost tribes of Israel settled in what is now the U.S. Even though there is not a shred of secular evidence to back up any of it, or evidence that the made up names for the tribes ever existed. Seriously crazy stuff. All hail Moroni and planet Kolob.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit