To those who were DFd

by stillajwexelder 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Well, this is certainly turning into an emotional post. It is amazing that I can be so over it all, and still feel hurt thinking back on it. (((((((hugs for everyone))))))

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• sf
    sf

Scared, yet electrified.

No longer imprisoned.

Released.

Challenged.

Pretty.

Dry!

sKally

• caspian
    caspian

WOW. what a good topic

I have got all of this to come most likely, my life is like a boil about to burst and I am not looking forward to this next part.

Cas

• caspian
    caspian

Double post sorry

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

The moment was bittersweet for me. I was glad it was finally over for me. If anything I felt bad for my mother who started to cry.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I was told by one of the elders on the judicial committee as I walked out the Kingdom Hall doors for the last time: "Jehovah no longer loves you, not for what you do, but for who you are."

I can still hear him speaking those words to me 23 years later. At the time, it devastated me, because I believed him. I figured, if God no longer loves me, I may as well go out in a blaze of glory. So, I started partying my brains out, using every drug imaginable. My alcoholism increased exponentially as well.

Somehow I survived, and am happy to say I am 16+ years clean & sober. The reason I stick around the exJW community after being out so long is to try and save others the hell and self-destruction I suffered because of the cruel, heartless words of a mere mortal man on a power trip.

• Jade
    Jade

When my JC kept calling me at work to schedule the meeting, I handed the phone to my boss who told them to go f**k themselves and threatened to sue if they continued to harass his employee so I wasn't present for the decision. I heard about it through the grapevine.

Annie

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I was neverDF'd, since I was never baptized (I resisted, knowing that I was not ready), but I sat through my moms DF'ing, and felt totally horrified, since I knew that she truly believed in the religion. The thing was, she really felt that she was not loved by Big J, and died feeling that she had lost His love, and would never regain it. I almost feel that she would have survived had it not been for that religion. On the other hand, I feel that she finally got the chance to live, after she was DF'd. There was so much that she had not been able to experience in that religion,and though not all of it was good, I think she got the chance to realize she was just another human.....being. I think it was the best thing for her, since she actually got to think about her life, before she died. At least she knew that there was more out there before it was all over.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

My ex went before them, resigned, I guess even planning to be df'd. She planned to get divorced, and be "worldly" for a while, maybe forever. She also wanted them to try and stop her, she wanted them to understand how she got to that point, she wanted them to try and understand, she wanted them to care. Since they made no efforts towards any of those things, she made sure they did not get one tear from her.

When she walked out of the hall though, she fell apart. She came to me (not my favourite person at the time), and cried in my arms, sobbing for an hour. She got over it of course, and lived "worldly" none the worse for it I suppose. The next time they hurt her was a year later, then 2 years later, when they didn't come round, didn't even ask me or my family about her. By the third year, I'd figured out the joke played on us both from birth, and shared the punchline with her. The elders won't be hurting her anymore.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Personally I felt embarrased. I did not know who would tell my family. I did not tell anyone that I had wrote a letter saying I no longer wanted to be a JW. Since I wrote the letter I was not there when they read it, nor did any brother contact me to see if I wanted to change my mind. You know what is so weird, to this day I can not remember what I said in the letter. It was 7 years ago.. talk about blocking it all out of your mind.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit