Derek Chauvin - The Right to a Fair Trial

by Simon 240 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    If there is an acquittal and those cops get off scott free without any charges being laid, expect riots in the streets once again.

Exactly. It’s more about a perceived wrong, rather than an actual crime. So, feelings over facts. Otherwise - foolhardy. That’s really not justice.

Officers are charged with the well-being of suspects in their custody - true. But those rules are always qualified, as was brought out during the trial. Officers should take care *if circumstances allow*, or *if reasonable*, etc. The context matters. He had been resisting. He had been making excuses and lying, he had been going into fits, he was on something, the crowds were hostile. That translates into a reasonable officer at the time, in the situation, making a decision. The prosecution’s use-of-force expert said, under those conditions, it would have been reasonable to just tase him, which is a greater use of force. Technically Chauvin held back.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Established laws are not designed to uphold preferred individual biases.

What was missing in this forced restraint was why didn't the officers tell Floyd that they will get off him if he goes into the police car ?

It looks like they were attempting to hogtie and lift him into the car but couldn't follow through with that.

The situation was more well you wont go into the car peacefully so we will apply police force against you.

The following steps to successfully make him get into the car on his own or without struggle seemed to get obscured .

The shouting intervening street pedestrians seemed to have made the matters worse.

• Simon
    Simon
    And the general public, including the black community is watching this case very closely to see if fair and equatable justice is being served to the accused.

They rarely want justice. Justice is just (the clue's in the name) and they don't care about facts or reality.

If there is an acquittal and those cops get off scott free without any charges being laid, expect riots in the streets once again.

Charges have been laid. If they are innocent of the charges then they deserve to be acquitted and free. If the prosecutor sought charges that were an overreach then that is on them.

If there are riots, that's on the rioters and anyone who encouraged it or didn't call for peace - so the media and democrats.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

This was not an intentional murder by any means and I'm surprised the prosecution went for that charge. They had all the information about Floyd's health condition before they pressed charges.

Just to note, the hold down position that Chauvin made couldn't been too restrictive because Floyd could still talk and did so for a few minutes of being held that way.

The cops were probably thinking hey this is big strong guy, he can take this.

The damming evidence in this case is shown by the police's body cam footage when one officer goes to check for a pulse on Floyd's arm and says I dont get a pulse but all the officers there including Chauvin didn't make a motion to turn him over and try to resuscitate him.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Just to note, the hold down position that Chauvin made couldn't been too restrictive because Floyd could still talk and did so for a few minutes of being held that way.

I’ve heard a lot of people make that point. If someone says they can’t breathe, they are lying. If you can speak, you are moving air across your vocal chords. You can breathe. Add to that all the other fake complaints like “I’m claustrophobic, I can’t go in the car!” .... riiight, they just pulled him out of his own car.

• AbelJohn
    AbelJohn

Simon - If the trial was fair, I think he should be acquitted. Did he? Can you prove it? There's lots of evidence that he didn't. That's the point of a trial - to evaluate the evidence. You maybe just repeating the story you have already been told

As you like to say to some of the posters here, fuck off Simon, you dumb, racist bitch, just shut the fuck up and rot and in Hell, FUCK YOU. (as you like to say to people here, but God forbid they say it to you)!!! Trace my ISP are whatever the Hell it's called and block me, I have several logins here, so check for Florida, New York, Georgia and California. Have a good fucking day and Fuck you to Minimus, take your face out of Simon's ass.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Pffft lol.

Simon doesn’t need to trace your IP. This board is monitored by the Kerfuffles - the elite group of JWs, slowly taking over the world.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Aw. . .isn't abeljohn cute?

Sounds like some people I know, the minute they are confronted face-to-face though they fold up like a dead flower. At least they sound tough on the interwebs. I guess frustrated JW's have to do something to make themselves feel relevant. Thanks for the laugh!

• minimus
    minimus

This coward Ablejohn has multiple accounts and tells us to F off. He’s definitely got a hard on for me and he can’t take it. Hide behind your little names and be a big boy and you show everybody that you’re a real man, a tough guy, ok Pipsqueak?

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Having a discussion on a forum about certain topics is about expressing ideas, agreeing sometimes and perhaps disagreeing but still respecting one anothers opinion.

........respectfully RM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit