Do Ex-JW men really understand women?

by Mindchild 59 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

>>>> But then every man who can speak is a liar. Women have trained us to lie to them.

Wow.

Any man who makes the excuse that he lies because women have trained him is... well... a lying cop-out. But then this goes back to what I said earlier -- the part about a certain brand of man who hasn't appreciably developed in any meaningful way beyond the age of 14.

I know some men might think it expedient to make certain sweeping, male-bashing generalizations since some women tend to lap it up, but not all men are liars any more than all women are gold-digging skanks.

• Mac
    Mac

Quote: "Any man that claims to understand women is a liar" I see little difference between the two.........oh, yeah.....there is that smooth round bottom factor....but, beyond that...............???? mac ;p

• jwbot
    jwbot
    Do they want the truth? I don't think so.

Bzzz...wrong! Sounds like you are going for the wrong types of girls. If you want to be honest...go for an honest girl with good self esteem...there are plenty of us around. If I look bad, my boyfriend says so...and I change or tell him I like how I look, I trust his opinion. Thanks for putting us all into a NICE NEAT BOX though! *ppffffft* generalizations...

Also, teejay: I like your thinking! I am glad there are guys like you out there that actually do not disrespect us!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

*sigh*

I only got 3 out of 12. This may explain a bit.

*walks away dejected with slumped shoulders.*

I really missed the 'roses' thing... I usually take 1 to the first date. Later - if the relationship survives... then maybe more. 3 or 12.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Don't feel down, JIm_TX!!!! If a woman likes you for who you are, she won't care how many damn roses you do or do not bring!!!! My B/F doesn' t believe in roses, he takes me to beautiful and inspiring places that he knows I'll love, or takes me to a play or movies he knows I've been dying to see, and my favorite saying of his is "theres my roses, baby!!!!"

• Xena
    Xena

ooops

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Wow...I did ruffle some feathers with that one. LOL You know I did say that all men were liars. Stole that from a song:

Hey girls

bring rusty pliars

to pull this truth

All men are liars

and that's the truth.

Truth is, though, I can generalize as much as I want. I'm just as qualified to do so as any one else. Probably more so. You see, I don't get pissed when some one says something pollitically incorrect and am therefore more likely to hear the truth instead of what you want to hear. Try using YOUR OWN mind. Use your sense of humor a little. Enjoy life and ALL it has to offer.

TimB

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    But the average red-blooded female? Yeah, I understand 'em, and I know for a fact that I'm not the only man who does.

Teejay has delusions like this sometimes.

• jwbot
    jwbot

"You see, I don't get pissed when some one says something pollitically incorrect and am therefore more likely to hear the truth instead of what you want to hear. Try using YOUR OWN mind." er...It isn't about being politically correct. It is about realizing that because someone belongs to a huuuge group (men, women, etc.) does not mean they fit into this nice sterotype. Sorry if you feel this way, but if you have trouble with women...this might be why. We as humans are way more complex than that. Try USING your mind ;)

• ballistic
    ballistic

I gave up worrying about whether I understood women a long time ago, the only question is if they understand me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit