Myriads and Myriads of Angels ... What Do They Do?

by RubaDub 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Course not. They're messengers. It's clear that they work in IT now. More specifically with mobile phones and texting technology. Used to be they had to sing out as a heavenly choir to make known God's messages. Now they just text message people: " Jehovah wants everyone to know that he's the only true God. He also needs your help in getting that message out because he's had laryngitis recently. Please text this message to 10 more people and instruct them to do the same. Thanks, Angel IT Services"

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Angels make for fantastic artistic expression. Think of the paintings, movies, music videos, memes, we get because of them.

• sir82
    sir82

Used to be they had to sing out as a heavenly choir to make known God's messages.

That's another thing - singing in heaven. Can't have songs without sound, and can't have sound without air.

Is there air in heaven? Are there tenor angels? Sopranos?

OK going to stop - this is liking picking at a scab.

• dozy
    dozy

Didn't they divert a typhoon in Micronesia to deliver some sand to a KH building project recently? I'm sure they were up there blowing hard , like they did in the Revelation Climax book. Yes , quite a few people died but at least the building materials arrived.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2016/01/06/jehovahs-witnesses-say-god-used-a-typhoon-to-deliver-sand-for-the-building-of-a-new-kingdom-hall/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Sir 82That's another thing - singing in heaven. Can't have songs without sound, and can't have sound without air.

Anthropomorphizing God and his crew. I was thinking about it yesterday. A jealous God that likes to walk around when it's " breezy" (gets a bit too hot in Paradise, apparently), likes to " savour" sweet smells, likes a bit of WWF* wrestling and can stand corrected.

Yup. Singing angels need an atmosphere to carry the sound unless they have one of those sign language translators - prolly one of the anointed that went to a deaf cong - does that mean God DOES have his own planet in the Pleides???!!

*Wonder if he liked pretending to be Big Daddy or Giant Haystack?( UK joke:-))

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Heaven can`t be all that its cracked up to be either can it ? Didn`t a third of the Angels rebel and side with Satan ?

Come to think of it what penalty have the Angels been given compared to what humans have suffered all of these millennium`s ?

Sickness,disease,death after a few years ,birth pangs,natures elements against them,judgement`s resulting in death by Jehovah,wars sanctioned by Jehovah resulting in death ,etc,etc. These are just some of the things humans have endured and their are plenty more afflictions that could be listed against humans because of their so called sin .

However the Angels have got off free of any penalty`s Satan in particular because they have had no such afflictions targeting them and they have had a free reign to carry on their work for millenniums.

And yet they were the instigators of humans sinning in the first place.

However according to the WT /GB the only thing Angels have suffered is their alienation from Jehovah`s grace or favour ?

Big deal.

WTF ?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I asked my wife what she thought that angels did all day long.

She looked at me in that pitying manner that ladies do only too well.

I persevered and eventually she said: Oh dear. It's so obvious. Everyone has a guardian angel. That's what they do all day. They keep you safe.

I hope she's right.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Even though a third of them defected. Does God continually test the faith of the remaining angels?

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit