Myriads and Myriads of Angels ... What Do They Do?

by RubaDub 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ RubaDub:

"Can't a few angels be put on overtime and protect the brothers from the potential "authorities" that wish to harm or eliminate them?"

Overtime! LOL! Maybe Jehovah's heavenly organization is cutting back too!

• blondie
    blondie

Based on info from other sources, not necessarily supported by me, god actually runs the whole universe, not just this small planet which means a lot could be going on outside this planet but not recorded for humans. Just saying, a different perspective might explain what the majority of angels are doing outside of the earth.

• sir82
    sir82

The whole WTS doctrine on "angels" is dumb, if you care to expend more than 5 minutes of thought on it.

So the WTS teaches that there are "hundreds of millions" of angels, right?

And they also say that angels are "messengers" for God.

And they also say that the only sentient physical beings in the entire, zillion-light-year big universe, are right here on our little ol' earth.

So there are hundreds of millions of messengers...what messages do they carry? From whom? To whom? Everything of "universal importance", according to the WTS, is centered on this insignificant little rock. Why do you need an army of hundreds of millions of messengers to carry messages around one planet?

Why does God even need messengers? "Imperfect man" can communicate across millions, hundreds of millions, of miles, directing radio commands to satellites, no angelic messengers needed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

And they also say that angels are "messengers" for God.

sir82 ...

Maybe they function like Amazon Prime.

Rub a Dub

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

In all of Watchtower publications, I have seen that these angels have wings. Wondering why ?

Only materialistic creatures need wings to flap and fly.

• sir82
    sir82

In all of Watchtower publications, I have seen that these angels have wings. Wondering why ?

The Bible describes them as having wings.

Again, committing the sin of thinking about this for more than 11 seconds, OK, maybe, MAYBE, you could make an argument that "wings" would be needed if the angels are carting around the earth (ignoring the physics, of course - those wings, as depicted, wouldn't lift them a centimeter).

But in all the WT depictions of angels in heaven, they all have wings too. This implies air in heaven. Do angels breath oxygen? Expel carbon dioxide? Are there angel plants to breathe in CO2 and exhale O2?

And in the WT illustrations, why do the wings always have feathers? There are no bible verses which describe the angels' wings. Lots of creatures have featherless wings.

OK, going to stop. It's just stupid to think about angels.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

(smle) - we shouldn't ask silly questions that embarrass christians (of any brand).

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The Bible describes them as having wings.

Ahh.. Ok. I remember now. Thanks

Anyway, I am more interested in chicken wings, as they are realistic

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Use your imagination... we know they were created horny.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

you dont think that maybe angels are just--make believe--do you ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit