Has anyone still in or otherwise heard anything about JWs think we only have 12 months before Armageddon?

by blablabluh 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

I guess WT won't need that new video studio in upstate New York. No need to donate towards that!

This could slow down donations. The Big 8 will probably come out with an announcement to keep sending in your spiritual offerings to further the World Wide Work and not try to put a date on the "End of Times". That's their job.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Zion's Watchtower - Crying wolf since 1881.

It seems like every year some event happens to get certain JWs worked up. They take it upon themselves to theorize that "this is it! This is what we've been waiting for!" and then nothing happens. The crisis ends and everything goes back to normal. Just like the Watchtower, these same JWs fail to take ownership of their doom saying and conveniently forget they ever shared their theory. They just eagerly await for the next crisis.

I absolutely love the question asked: "If we are so close to the end will we be told to stop donating to the Watchtower as it is pointless with Armageddon being so close?"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't know what they are talking about--Armageddon, as they describe, is not going to happen at all. Instead, the whole world will end up in one communist country, under Noahide Law, and we will become as the greys. Far from being a paradise.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lets hope this gets really promoted--armageddon within the next 12 months. Super. Just whats needed to really kick this cult in the head when--once again--it doesnt happen.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I guess it's time to stop worrying about your teeth or your savings and run those credit cards up.

• hoser
    hoser

In 1975 one guy cashed in his life insurance and took a nice vacation only to die in 1976 and leave his wife destitute.

Another sold everything he owned bought an rv and lived in it with his family. He had a worse fate. He became an apostate!

• LoveUniHateExams
  • Gorb
    Gorb

So sad...

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Lett sounds so fake. I couldn't stop laughing.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Just thought I'd leave this here …

Good lord. He talks as if his audience is mentally retarded.

....or.... as if he is mentally retarded. One of the two... or both.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit