Has anyone still in or otherwise heard anything about JWs think we only have 12 months before Armageddon?

by blablabluh 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

he is an embarrassment.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

My sister was convinced after that video that the great tribulation had started , but got annoyed when I asked about the cry of peace and security and the fall of badylon the great. That will happen soon, but more than a year and nothing.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    My sister was convinced after that video that the great tribulation had started , but got annoyed when I asked about the cry of peace and security and the fall of badylon the great. That will happen soon, but more than a year and nothing.

I wish every time my dad called me with his newest theory on what was going to start the Great Tribulation or how it was months away that I had written his words down. That way, on the anniversary of every prediction, I could ask why it didn't happen.

In addition, I could ask with every new prediction this question - What reason will you have for this ne prediction for not coming true?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Well here in the UK Armageddon is not coming today.

It's already tomorrow in Aus and they would have told us by now.

Seriously, when my parents were baptised in the 1940's, they were told that their Little George would not have to go to school in this old system. Well, they were wrong. George did go to school, work, married and been retired many years now. It's all just a dream.

George

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Lett is such a retard. Good god watching that idiot talk is one of conflict I want to laugh and puke at the same time.

• fulano
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

When I came into the JW religion in the late nineteen seventies, not a word was mentioned to me about the 1975 fiasco. I would have had second thoughts about joining if I had known about this!

As for people before 1975 cashing out life insurance policies, getting into debt, selling homes and living off the proceeds and the money drying up..I certainly believe it...I already know of a few JWs within the last decade who apparently dropped out of the workforce before retirement age in order to live in attractive exotic places..BTW, these are JWs who criticized me for my full time job and wouldn’t be caught dead in the workforce.

I think they thought the End would come before their money dried up..I last heard rumors of them asking the ‘friends’ to send fund$.

So, it would appear that history is repeating itself with regard to the attitudes right before ‘75. People don’t learn, it seems.

• waton
    waton

for one thing if the GT is about to start, with the end only 12 month away, why do we still have Br. Lett to amuse us???. because according to current wt doctrine,

the anointed will go to heaven at the beginning of the Great tribulation, to prepare to be battle ready at armageddon. therefore,

while the warwick 8, & all the anointed generation are still with us, Armageddon is not close. of course this is a false prophecy anyway, , because

Jesus said that the generation will not pass away before the end, but a f t e r all these things have occurred. so,

even after wt corrects that mistake, watch for watchtower's elite disappearing, only then the end can come.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yes I have.. 40 years ago

• Overrated
    Overrated

I thought Armageddon was going to start in 2075? They still need to build their multi media center for JW Network TV.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit