Has anyone still in or otherwise heard anything about JWs think we only have 12 months before Armageddon?

by blablabluh 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Sad how these manipulative brainwashers do this to people.

The WTS has been fear fearmongering for over a century

Isn't freedom of religion just great ?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    It takes a lot longer than 12 Months before the Rampao Project is finished!
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Seriously, when my parents were baptised in the 1940's, they were told that their Little George would not have to go to school in this old system.

In a previous congregation, we had a guy who made a deathbed promise to his mother - in the late 1930's - that he would never marry "in this system" because Armageddon was so close.

Guy was still a member of the congregation - and still single - 60+ years later.

One of the saddest things I think I've ever seen was when he showed me a faded black & white picture of his sweetheart from 60 or 65 years earlier.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Are they losing confidence? I thought it had to be this summer at latest. Maybe that is why the upbuilding video was leaked, to encourage the webelows because the internet will be down by 4th July

• waton
    waton
    I thought Armageddon was going to start in 2075?

Overrated: good point. two centenarians, overlapping by 20 years each gives 160 years plus 1914 equals 2074, plus the current 12 month is 2075.

great centennial. could celebrate it during the 1000 years.

• Ding
    Ding

When Armageddon doesn't come within 12 months, they will immediately forget that they thought it would.

• hoser
    hoser

When it doesn’t happen they’ll blame the publishers for running ahead of Jehovah’s organization.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The GB 2.0 and the WT have to watch what they say...they can't be getting hopes up again by saying "the final part of the last hour of the last day of the last days" crap now in 2020 when in 2025 folks will remember this and more will wake up.

If the GB are intending to keep their dubs happy in the long term they need to shut up about any mention of where they think they are in any stream of time because time kills all cults...it kills their beliefs, doctrines and prophecies because they never ever come true.

This to me show the GB 2.0 are all in and all in for the short game...like a game of poker they have come this far and are putting everything in that very soon now the end will come.

In the next ten years you are looking at vast amounts of people posting on here and Reddit waking up trying to make sense that they still believe yet are seeing clearer and clearer something does not add up right.

This is why all cults change their doctrines. The WT has to change their 1914 reliance or time will simply make it obsolete.

Tick tock...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I really do suspect that a lot of rank-and-filers are really, really, really tired of waiting, so they pounce on any little tidbit the GB gives them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Fadeaway - "My sister was convinced after that video that the great tribulation had started , but got annoyed when I asked about the cry of peace and security and the fall of babylon the great..."

I remember realizing back in the 90s just how many mundane, "real-world" ducks had to be lined up in a row (based on old Freddy Franz's old Cold-War-centric End Times chronology) before Jah pulled the trigger...

...and that left to do it on its own, said mundane "real world" could take decades and at least a half-dozen major black-swan-type events to get there.

And boy oh boy, people in my congo did not like it when I suggested that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit