WT Recruiting JW Solicitors (Lawyers)

by AverageJoe1 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

A similar call went out in Australia much more recently than 2015 - as per Sparkys letter, probably only 6 months ago.

• Sliced
    Sliced

I remember the US invite for paralegals and other professionals in the legal realm... thought it was weird, but totally makes sense now!! lol

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

I think they're relying on JWs who converted as adults (after getting their training/degrees). I think these type of converts will get more and more rare. Born-ins aren't getting any encouragement to receive higher education - quite the opposite. It's very hypocritical. They take advantage of higher education when it suites their fancy, but publicly disparage it at every opportunity.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

This is why starrynight9 they are in money trouble right now. All the keen jws are in low paid jobs and not working many hours so that they can go to door to door,so they dont have a great deal of money .

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS did this a few years back, at least 14 years ago.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/85896/bethel-wants-lawyers

• Biahi
    Biahi

They are such hypocrites wanting to use those with higher education, and condemning higher education. I have news for them, the "good news" doesn't need defending, but pedofiles and those who cover it up do.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Better call Saul

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Here is a letter from the Australian Branch from 2015 basically asking about the same credentialed and educated professionals in Australia. Notice that this was done surreptitiously; behind the publishers back!

And Just before the Australian Royal Commission....

• steve2
    steve2

Those who should apply are required to be suitably qualified lawyers who are also in good standing. Some would argue being in good standing AND a lawyer are mutually exclusive. 😜

On the other hand, I understand the invitation is also to suitable qualified sisters. ExJW Fifth recently interviewed on his YouTube channel a female exJW who is a lawyer who, before she left, was asked to do work for the Brazilian branch.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

One of my kids is a trained lawyer and had ambitions to serve in bethel as one, but he was treated as if he had leprosy by the congregation for attending university. The whole congregation turned on us. People wouldn’t even sit on the same row as us! So, my son eventually said I’m not putting up with this ***** and stopped going. He is now qualified with his own practice. Your loss WT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit