Bethel wants lawyers!

by zack 50 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

At this week's Service Meeting it a letter was read to all congregations in USA:

Bethel wants lawyers, lawyers specializing in tax law, and CPA's. If you are in any of these professions you were supposed to talk to the PO that evening. You DID NOT NEED TO MEET ANY OF THE OTHER QUALIFICATIONS for Bethel service as long as you were a lawyer or CPA.

So, if one as a youth did not "remember his creator in the days of his young manhood" vis a vis the Watchtower, and instead went to college (4 years), law school (3 years), bar exam (6 months - 1 year) practice law ( 5- 10 years), now at the age of 35, 36, 37 ( too old for Bethel normally), thw Wathctower says he "can remember his Creator in the days of his Mature manhood."

But, if you pioneered out of high school, did not attend university and thus avoided all the independent and critical thinking, married at a young age-- and find yourself at 35, 36, 37 and wish to expand your service, SO SORRY-- YOU ARE TOO OLD AND WE DON"T YOU.

Was I the ONLY one at the meeting that thought this was just a little more than unjust?

Frankly, I think it is reprehensible how they stifle young, agile, and creative minds.

The lesson for young JW's?

If you want to go to Bethel, then go to college first. That way you'll be a sure thing.

Zack

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Wow man you congo is behind. We got that letter like 4 months ago.

IPSec

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Oh Zack, that is choice, the WBTS can kiss my mature manhood. I remember asking my mom about that, hey wouldn't it be good for JW's to become professionals, that way they would understand their clients in a way others could not, and help out the org. To which she replied sweetly that if the org needs them God will supply them, but not from within of course. My lot was to be a janitor/carpet cleaner/window washer as I had the privilege of being born into the one true religion. Those less fortunate could go to law or med school then convert and help out. Boy am I glad I didn't listen.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Bethel wants lawyers, lawyers specializing in tax law, and CPA's. If you are in any of these professions you were supposed to talk to the PO that evening. You DID NOT NEED TO MEET ANY OF THE OTHER QUALIFICATIONS for Bethel service as long as you were a lawyer or CPA.

Maybe they think a loyal dub attorney will not reveal their illegal tactics to maintain that tax-free non-profit status the WTBTS enjoys at the moment.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yeah they need these tax lawyers, so that they can hide all the money that they are getting from the dumbass dubs who die and leave all or part of their estate to the Watchtower.

cj

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Zack.

Yeah, it's lame and pretty hypocritical. But then, nothing they could do besides completely recanting every moronic position they have had others *die* for over the years would surprise me.

Jeannie

• franklin J
    franklin J

hey my cousin decided to become a JW just as he was graduating from dental school as a "dentist". This was back in1969 or 1970. Bethel found out about him and offered to pay his student loans if he became the dentist at Bethel, which he did until the early 80s.

He is now an elder- somewhere- and does not acknowledge me or my family at any family gatherings ( more funerals and less weddings these days) because we "turned our backs on Jehovah".. ....we think he is a pompous ass....and would NEVER be caught in HIS dental chair....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think it's great how they've shot themselves in the foot with this one. Youth are discouraged from getting an education in order to pioneer. I have a feeling the response is going to be zero.

Sounds like they may be in dire need of these lawyers, and don't have time on their side to send a bunch of bethelites to school for a few years.

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Great posts and thoughts! Great to be back!

You are right on target about the "spiritually strong youth" do not go to college. If they do, they do not go for degrees in law. Too bad! So sad! Wonder what kind of "brothers" they will be getting??? Hope they aren't related to Franz or anything. Better be careful when you invite intelligence in the the WTB&TS.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Hey Big D,

This announcement describes you perfectly, CPA and a tax attorney. You should give them a call and then................

Go to your old cong request to see the elders explain that you are willing to help if.................then let your pants down bend over and well............ I am sure you can figure out the rest.

Dragonlady76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit