I Hate the Sound of the Word Jehovah

by cofty 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• runForever
    runForever

The worst is when they don't know how to say it as Jeehovah or Juhhova and they end up saying ....

JeuhHOvuh all slurred together and at your expense of course.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m a little confused by you guys on this thread , long timers especially

.The Hebrews , according to the Old Testament , never knew there God by the name Jehovah .They only knew him by the four letters of the Hebrew alphabet YHWH and the priests filled in the vowels., and it wasn`t Jehovah

Shattered- origins , sorry to inform you , Jehovah is not a made up name of Jehovah`s Witnesses .It was made up, if you will by a Spanish Catholic Monk in the 13th Century , and has been used ever since by Religous scholars of Christendom ever since , and is still used in Christendom today , apart from Jehovah`s Witnesses .

The International Bible Students Association under J.F.Rutherford took the name Jehovah and re-branded his religion as Jehovah`s Witnesses , did he have a legal right to do so ?

The name Jehovah does not automatically associate itself with Jehovah`s Witnesses , many of Christendom`s

religions / buildings / literature , even secular buildings have the name Jehovah on it All over the world..

The name is not exclusively related to the religion of Jehovahs Witnesses.

The name Jehovah was an invention of the 13 th Century by a Roman Catholic Monk.

smiddy

• cofty
    cofty
    My abhorrence of the word has nothing to do with the historical merits of the name.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i used to cringe whenever i heard all those lunatic female dubs talk about jehovah as if he were their own invisible best friend--almost as if he lived in their wardrobe. like their personal spiritual bank manager. barmy old bats.

also--the use of the word jah. a year or so back i was on one of the fake facebook jw dating groups---and the amount of times our dear friends in africa who used the word jah was beyond ridiculous. i cant understand why the wts dont stamp it out.

why dont they just call him joe ?.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    why dont we just call him Jupiter ?
  • galaxie
    galaxie

Hi cofty ..you mention the 'sound ' of the word, I wonder if there is a significance. Is your abhorrence / reaction the same if you see it in print ?

Best wishes.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It's a control word, used by perverts (Governing body), based on an imaginary psychopath.
  • bohm
    bohm

Since I was not raised in, whenever I hear the word Jehovah I think about the first time I heard it which was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I don't mind it when JW's aren't using it. It's just one modern form out of many forms of the tetragrammaton.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

yep, Petezahut it's Jehovah-god together for me too, I literally cringe.

One's is another, these one's. Cringey cringe cringing curr...cringey cringe...cring..ey (ok enough)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit