Do you air on the side of caution?

by compound complex 40 Replies latest social humour

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

When I was a little girl I thought they're were rocket chips and I pledged allegiance to the republic for witchard stan whatever that was.

One funny and embarrassing thing for a young man doing the bible reading of jeremiah 36:22 was when he read that the king was sitting in the winter house with a brassiere burning before him. We were all entertained by that.

Someone told me about a man who for years called them the brown volumes

endless tails (tales) of brain freeze

• cobweb
    cobweb
    Someone told me about a man who for years called them the brown volumes

Ha ha. They literally were brown volumes so I can see the confusion.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

As a child I invented the word " syritherous" This was a magical word and I used it on many occasions.

Headmaster " You are on the verge of a caning"

The Rebel :-" It was very " syritherous" of me and I am sorry"

Headmaster " Well don't let me see you in my office again"

An elder trying to help me be more humble, assigned me with helping with toilet duties.

The rebel:- " My doctor has said I have a " syritherous" phobia to disinfection materials"

I think we should all have a word in our vocabulary that doesn't exist. It rarely enters some bodies mind to ask what " syritherous" means.

• cobweb
    cobweb

The Rebel

So the authority figure doesn't want to admit to not understanding your made up but complicated sounding word so do not question you. That is quite ingenious

• HB
    HB

A 'philosophical' ditty, sung as a four part round, to the tune of 'Frere Jacques':

Life is butter, life is butter,

Melon cauliflower, melon cauliflower,

Life is butter melon, life is butter melon,

Cauliflower, cauliflower.

(Life is but a melancholy flower)

• snowbird
    snowbird

😂😂

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Saw this on CNN earlier:

China Given Full Reign In North Korea, or something like that.

LOL.

Sylvia

• blondie
    blondie

ElderEtta

or the elder who confused immortality with immorality

"and brothers, at that time the anointed will have immorality"

• Finkelstein
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hate to tell on myself. Like many, I started Kindergarten before SESAME STREET was a thing and my parents were not really helping me to learn how to read. (That changed later when Mom became a JW.) So I didn't know how to read until I was past Kindergarten.
    So they started out teaching us the alphabet one letter each day. When day 17 started, I excitedly told another kid that I was thrilled to learn "elemeno" today.

I was in gifted class by 4th grade, so imagine if I could already read before Kindergarten like many kids today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit