Do you air on the side of caution?

by compound complex 40 Replies latest social humour

• ElderEtta
  • millie210
    millie210

How about the one from the good ole "Kingdom Melodies"..."a pair of dice the earth will be..."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I always air on the side of caution when among people, but there are those occasions when one slips out.

https://img.memesuper.com/c37aae01a1330695ccee1a10dd7ef3ef_fart-meme-memesuper-stinky-fart-meme_700-700.png

• steve2
    steve2

For all intensive purposes, I try to air on the side of caution.

Misspelling alert! It should read, "For all intensive porpoises, I try to air on the side of caution.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

LoveUniHateExams6 hours ago

Have you seen the Two Ronnies sketch with Ronnie Barker coming into a DIY-type shop and asking in a Cockney accent for supposedly 'four candles'?

there was a member on here a few years ago---four candles. i knew him by different usernames on other sites. from north wales.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

When I was in the JWs as a teenager I was hearing this song and I told the elder that I thought the song line said "I never can study the Bible"He told me that it was "I never can say goodbye".

But really, that's common. In old Shakespearean times the words hour and whore were pronounced the same leading to some pretty ribald jokes. In modern day English you have different words, spelled differently but pronounced the same.

Like two, to and too. Or blew and blue.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Not a mondegreen but a funny play on words that sound the same but are spelt differently.

melancholy = head like a melon face like a cauli.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Love this thread!

It reminds me of the "intellectual" brother who often spoke of "religion going down in one foul-swoop" (fell swoop)

• tiki
    tiki

Our father in heaven Harold be thy name....as I kid I thought back calls were back halls cause you stood in the house back hall.

I liked the bro who told us to please open to the book of malarkey....

• compound complex
    compound complex

There's definitely no "air" about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9DsUmzH9_U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit