Do You Automatically Believe Everything A Poster Says About Him/Herself?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My radar goes up when I read of a person that claims to want to grasp why ex-jw's think the way they do and yet persist in trying to have their cake and eating it too= posting and complaining. They might look sincere as they question something and then defend the Watchtower to death. On first impressions, you think that are just asking because they don't understand but within no time, their agenda is obvious.

• caspian
    caspian
    might look sincere as they question something and then defend the Watchtower to death. On first impressions, you think that are just asking because they don't understand but within no time, their agenda is obvious.

Not always the case Min.

Don't forget that the troof is deeply entrenched, that even faced with the real evidence it can still take time to face the the truth, and we must make allowance for this.

Cas

• minimus
    minimus

I agree with you, Cas. But from what I've seen, it happens a lot. I'm skeptical of hit and runs too. They make a huge splash with a sensational comment and get everyone going and before you know it, they're laughing at us like a bunch of hyenas.

• caspian
    caspian

Min.

I think that this guy fits the bill.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/59110/1.ashx

Cas

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, ain't that nice, Cas! Ahhh, makes us feel all warm and theocratic inside, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie (of the outspoken this week class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• caspian
    caspian
    Well, ain't that nice, Cas! Ahhh, makes us feel all warm and theocratic inside, eh?

lol.

Oh now i just realised how much I miss the troof...Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• AnnOMaly
  • Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

When I was reading some of Hamas' past posts, I stumbled across this thread and it seemed a lot of people jumped on him and accused him of being a troll: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/49782/1.ashx

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mostly I'm a "Pollyanna" about personal posts of others'

just don't try to sell me a bridge in Brooklyn, ya heah me?

Frannie B

• sidney
    sidney

no, I am afraid I don't, I am wary and cautious. I am new here and have met a couple of people who seemed odd and not too be trusted but on the whole everyone has been lovely and very supportive so a big THANKS especially Pleasuredome. Sidney

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit