Do You Automatically Believe Everything A Poster Says About Him/Herself?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Minimus, sometimes it's best to try a little trust, and see how things pan out, you wont get many friends in life by being overly suspicious. Be cautious on the internet, but not suspicious by nature.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi
    If they claim to be on this site because they're "searching" yet support the false prophecies and lies of the Watchtower, it just makes you think twice

It has been my exprience that some have had a harder time letting go than others. I know in my case I didn't abandon all wts teachings overnight. I am still trying to let a lot of if go.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, I think I "trust" rather easily, unless I have a reason to wonder if I should. Sometimes, a person can think everyone has to prove themselves before they give the benefit of the doubt to an individual. Any extreme isn't healthy.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

When I first read your question I thought to myself, what if the shoes were on the other foot. Would you automaticallly believe everthing a poster says about themselves? Knowing what I have read about you Minimis and reading inbetween the lines, I would think you would be leary at first until you really got to know this individual. I think this is the case with most of us, we would be just cautious.

There are some very elequent people who are talented with speech. Just jumping into believing person says about themselves can lead some times to disaster. I am not accusing any one of you in here. But as for new ones we can become caught up in their sad stories. Some are excellent actors in doing this, some make a living of it. Gaining the trust of people who are honest and then they use them. In most cases this is in a monetarily way. Some have been bilked out of much money. Even invested big bucks into coperations that have tumbled to the ground.

Its sad to say that there are proffesionals in everyfield, some lurk in here and use the good heartedness of some to gain something from someone and then they disappear until they need something else. For shame on them. Be on guard.

Thank God for the most part we are not like this here. We are a hell of a good bunch. But my best friend who is a cop says to me, Just be careful.

Love to all Orangefatcat.

• jwbot
    jwbot

When I first posted here, and asked questions on oral sex in the adult section...people thought I "jumped the gun" to early into a "sensitive subject" and that made me look...fake? I dunno...but people thought I was trolling. Oh well, people seem to like me now ;)

• blackout
    blackout

Better to be cheated once in a while than to life life constantly suspicious.

Thats my motto.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not suggesting one would be constantly suspicious.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I normally accept a post at face value, or as the poster intends it. For example if they use humor icons, etc. Although, my BS detector does go off once in a while, and I respond accordingly. .

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I normally accept a post at face value, or as the poster intends it. For example if they use humor icons, etc. Although, my BS detector does go off once in a while, and I respond accordingly.

Absolutely! Well said, Jim. Visit Smiley Central!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Xena
    Xena

I tend to trust someone until given reason not to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit