Do You Automatically Believe Everything A Poster Says About Him/Herself?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Sometimes, when I read what a poster says, especially a new poster, I don't always assume that they are legitimate. Do you ever feel this way? Does it cross your mind that a person is falsely representing himself/herself ???

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Talking about anyone in particular Min?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Only if it's Farkel.

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

not really.... But sometimes a poster will spring up and express that they are looking for "help" or understanding on a matter but their comments seem to suggest otherwise.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I really don't believe for a certainty anything anyone says. I will give a person the benefit of doubt, unless they give me reason not to trust them.

• ballistic
    ballistic

In real life I like to trust everyone at their word, but you really said it when you said "especially a new poster".

On the one hand you would be a fool to trust every thing complete strangers told you.

On the other hand to distrust and analyse every word of people you know well, whether on-line or off-line, would probably be paranoia.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Sometimes, when I read what a poster says, especially a new poster, I don't always assume that they are legitimate. Do you ever feel this way? Does it cross your mind that a person is falsely representing himself/herself ???

Yes, sometimes I do Sister Jaracz. HS

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, BEFORE I even read your post and just saw your name, I said to myself, I'll answer back this way,"Thank you Sister Step".

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Well when I first ventured here and started to post questions I am pretty sure people either thought I was out of my mind or not genuine. This is the exact opposite of how I am. You can easily tell if some is about BS cause it's not too easy to hide.

• minimus
    minimus

Some things said, just don't have the "ring of truth". When a person claims to be an elder, Bethelite, or "in the truth" for years, yet doesn't understand the lingo or can't identify with the experiences, it makes you wonder. If they claim to be on this site because they're "searching" yet support the false prophecies and lies of the Watchtower, it just makes you think twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit