Things Learned Along the Way

by blondie 431 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Close enough, jgnat, thanks. Actually I am not feeling too great right now. I started new meds and well....

If I wake up, it's a good day.--Anonymous

An act of goodness surpasses a thousand prayers..--Sa'di

• blondie
    blondie

Don't strive for perfection; it's not possible. Instead, strive for excellence. All you can do is your best.

Love lights more fires than hate can extinguish.--Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

• blondie
    blondie

Never let a kind word go unsaid.

Don't waste today worrying about yesterday.

• nilfun
    nilfun

1 Thessalonians 4
    11 Stay calm; mind your own business; do your own job. You've heard all this from us before, but a reminder never hurts.
    -The Message Bible

• La Capra
    La Capra

My mother's favorite, which I reject whole-heartedly is "Be sincere whether you mean it or not." (yes, this was the "years of therapy issue.") Shoshana

• blondie
    blondie

nilfun, I love the Message Bible.

La Capra, yes, there are some things along the way we learned that should be rejected.

In honor of Ben Franklin:

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

• Will Power
    Will Power

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question." - ???

Haven't seen this in awhile but this used to be in the signature line of a few JWD posters.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

"Indecision is a decision, and inevitably a bad one." -- unknown

• blondie
    blondie

Predicting the future is easy. It's trying to figure out what's going on now that's hard.~ Fritz R. S. Dressler ~ The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.--Abraham Lincoln ~ The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.~ Mary Pickford ~

• blondie
    blondie

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear." - Herbert Agar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit