Things Learned Along the Way

by blondie 431 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Losing an argument doesn't mean I'm a Wrong. It just means that I was probably wrong about that one thing.

Independence does not mean that we do not need others. To be independent means we take ownership and responsibility for our lives. Then we can live in relationship with others, not in spite of them.

• Badger
    Badger

Oh...I've been waiting for this one...

"He who dies with honor...still dies" -- Badger's Motto

"You've got to take your competition by the throat, and squeeze the life out of him!" -- Vince McMahon

"Never, Never, Never, Never give up." -- Winston Churchill

"Religion is the daughter of hope and fear, presenting the unknowable to the unreachable." -- Ambrose Bierce

"I have sworn upon the altar of God Almightly my opposition to every form of tyrrany over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

"You gotta play hurt." -- Dan Jenkins

"Send Lawyers, Guns and Money/The S^$% has hit the fan." -- The late Warren Zevon

"True, ya not a winna/If nobody remembers." -- Nelly

"There is hope for tomorrow/When you wake up today." -- Ted Nugent

Scotty: "They're as good as dead!"

Spock: "Hardly conclusive...I've been dead before."

"Hell is other people" -- Jean Paul Sartre (especially true for a Frenchman)

"Hell is a half crowded theater." -- Oscar Wilde

"You're a miserable, lousy son of a b^^^^, and you're never getting laid by anyone again," -- Badger's ex, in front of the elders (nothing was done)

"Man is the only animal the blushes -- or needs to." -- Mark Twain

"Democracy is the belief that the people should get what they want, and that they deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

"Go ahead and shoot, coward. You'll only kill a man." -- Che Guevara's last words

"I wish it were for a more noble purpose, but in the end, it's just the money." -- Howard Payne, Speed

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat the 11th grade." -- James W. Loewen

"You can't stop the world/Why let it stop you?" -- The Go-Gos

"We have to get to the hospital." "The hospital? What is it?" "It's a big building with doctors...but that's not important." -- Airplane

"Conventional wisdom is generally the opinion of the generation that is passing away" -- Benjamin Disraeli

"What most people consider thinking is usually just rearranging their existing prejudices." -- I forgot who said this one.

"There's only one way to find out." -- Badger's response when asked what might happen if an action is taken.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this;

"You should never apologize for where you live, what you drive or who you marry 'cause if you could've done better, you would've."
    my uncle

• blondie
    blondie

Family wisdom--great!

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

A New Zealand country woman when asked what she did in her spare time: "I go to the lavatory."

(I know what she means)

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

"Can you explain this to me? Because I do not understand hatred as a sport. How does one win?" ~Aurora Greenway

• jgnat
    jgnat

Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic. Rosalind Russell

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like." - Will Rogers

• blondie
    blondie

"Friends--those relatives that one makes for one's self."--Eustache Deschamps (c. 1346-c.1406)

• blondie
    blondie

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spirited inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him.--Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82)

• jgnat
    jgnat

All you need to know about human nature can be found riding the bus - jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit