Things Learned Along the Way

by blondie 431 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

All keepers, keep them coming, folks.

Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.--Elbert Hubbard (1859-1915)

• blondie
    blondie

Friends are like melons. Shall I tell you why? To find a good one, you must a hundred try.--Claude Mermet (c.1550-1605) "Epigram on Friends"

• Room 215
    Room 215

``Today is the Tomorrow I Dreaded Yesterday"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"Millions now living will never die" - Joe Ratherflawed .......... (he died)

• bebu
    bebu

The more we live by our intellect, the less we understand the meaning of life. -Leo Tolstoy, author (1828-1910)

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur". ("Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin")

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. -Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)

Never bear more than one trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds - all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have. -Edward Everett Hale, author (1822-1909)

Thanks, Blondie, for an enjoyable thread. I like all of these, but particularly Elsewhere's and nilfun's entries!

bebu

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. Mark Twain

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

dance as if no one were watching
    sing as if no one were listening
    live each day as if it were your last
    if you don't try
    you will never know
    and always wonder what if

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, bebu. I'm enjoying everyone's entries.

It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.

Most of us can keep a secret. It's the people we tell it to who can't.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A man has to be Joe McCarthy to be called ruthless.
    All a woman has to do is put you on hold. Marlo Thomas

• bebu
    bebu

Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out - it's the grain of sand in your shoe. -Robert Service, writer (1874-1958)

Easy reading is damned hard writing. -Nathaniel Hawthorne, writer (1804-1864)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit