Things Learned Along the Way

by blondie 431 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I always loved these passages, as they really conjured up some interesting mind pictures for me.............lol.............

Proverbs 26:17 (New International Version)
    17 Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own.

Proverbs 11:22
    Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion. Proverbs 21:9
    Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

• blondie
    blondie

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

• blondie
    blondie

Store clerks! You should not be on the phone when you’re waiting on me. When I, the customer, walk up to the counter, the phone should be put down. And if it rings while you’re waiting on me, let it ring. After ten rings, pick it up, and, without even saying hello, say, "I’m currently waiting on an actual, paying customer who has money and has had the courtesy to come into the store to transact business. I will get to you when the store is empty. Stay on the line if you wish, but I may not get to you till sundown." Then smile at me and say, "Where were we?" The in-store customer should always come first.

- George Carlin

• blondie
  • blondie
  • iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

"Too bad that all the people who know how to run this country are busy driving taxis and cutting hair" -George Burns.

Of course these days you could add "posting on internet forums" to that list of occupations

• blondie
    blondie

SONG TITLES WITH A WT THEME

BACKSTABBERS

I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE

KINGDOM HALL

ACT NATURALLY

FAIRWEATHER FRIEND

WONDERING WHERE THE LIONS ARE

TIRED OF TOEIN’ THE LINE

RUMORS

DON’T WORRY, BE HAPPY

HOUSE OF PAIN

HOW DO YOU TALK TO AN ANGEL

RIVER OF DECEIT

I’D LOVE TO CHANGE THE WORLD

CONVENTION ’72

TELL ME A LIE

JUST WHEN I NEEDED YOU THE MOST

CRUEL TO BE KIND

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER

JUST MY IMAGINATION

• blondie
  • juni
    juni

"FOR PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON EXPECTATIONS, TO FACE UP TO THEIR REALITIES IS SOMETHING OF AN ORDEAL."

--- Elizabeth Bowen

I included this quotation w/my letter of disassociation.

Juni

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit