Things Learned Along the Way

by blondie 431 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Proverbs 26:4 (NWT)

Do not answer anyone stupid according to his foolishness, that you yourself also may not become equal to him.

The Message (MSG)Don't respond to the stupidity of a fool; you'll only look foolish yourself.

Contemporary English Version (CEV)Don't make a fool of yourself by answering a fool.

Amplified Bible (AMP)Answer not a [self-confident] fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him.

New Living Translation (NLT)When arguing with fools, don't answer their foolish arguments, or you will become as foolish as they are.

• blondie
    blondie

JUST ANOTHER USE FOR DUCT TAPE?

In Kansas City, MO, a night clerk at a convenience store put tape over the lenses of the store's security cameras, took the money from the cash registers and called the police to report an armed robbery.

Officers investigating te robbery quickly figured out who the culprit was, however, because the tape he used to cover the security cameras was transparent tape.

• blondie
  • blondie
  • Rod P
    Rod P

You can count the seeds in an apple, but can you count the apples in a seed.

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

That that is, is.

That that is not, is not.

That that is not, is not that that is.

That that is, is not that that is not.

Is that it? It is.

(I don't know who created this, but we had to learn it on a high school exam.)

Rod P.

• blondie
  • blondie
  • nilfun
    nilfun

Out of perfection, nothing can be made. Every process involves breaking something up. The earth must be broken to bring forth life. If the seed does not die, there is no plant. Bread results from the death of wheat. - Joseph Campbell

• blondie
    blondie

When I used to be up all night, I spent my time with Aaron Brown. I was glad to seem him do good. But another star is on the horizon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit