LIFE AFTER FEAR

by Dansk 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

When I was a JW I prayed regularly and often and I thanked Jehovah in prayer again when events turned out favourably. However, sometimes things worked out unfavourably for me or a member of my family – but we never blamed Jehovah. Having now been out of Watchtower clutches for over seven months I began to realise that Jehovah couldn’t lose! We praised him when things were good, but we never once blamed him when things went pear shaped.

For example, in 1998 my wife and I were desperate to return to Manchester with our four children so we prayed to Jehovah and put our house up for sale. We received an offer and accepted it and thanked Jehovah – only for the buyer to pull out just before the contacts were signed.

We felt so down but prayed incessantly just like before and another buyer came along and made an offer – so again we thanked Jehovah. We found a house in Manchester and made an offer which was accepted – only just before contracts were exchanged on the house we were trying to sell once again the buyer pulled out!

So, we now had an accepted offer on a house in Manchester – but we still hadn’t sold our then present house! So, we prayed to Jehovah, our guts were in knots for weeks but, hey presto, another buyer came in and we sold our old house and moved into our new one. We gave Jehovah all the credit for moving us – but what about the two failures? Oh, we were just being tested by Jehovah so that he could see we really meant to move. What a loving God, let’s give him all the credit!!

Yes, what an idiot I’d been for 19 years, worshipping a God who never even exists! It’s a fact! Jehovah as God is erroneous and so, too, is Yah-weh! A search of ancient bible history will reveal that there have been two monotheistic Gods before Yahweh: firstly the Egyptian son of Amenhotep III, the Pharaoh Akhenaton, worshipped the Aten alone, as a monotheistic divinity. This God, whose name means "disk" in Egyptian, was symbolised as the solar disk with rays ending in hands holding the gift of life (the Ankh). Secondly, the Persians also adopted a monotheistic religion worshipping their God Ahura Mazda (= Wise Lord) from their prophet Zarathushtra. This God was like Yahweh, a fusion of the spirit of God (Ahura, Sanscrit Asura) with wisdom (Aramaic HWH, Iranian Mazda). There is much that began in Zoroastrianism, eg. the presence of a devil, the worship of angels, the idea of a "last judgement", the concept of a Saviour, the portrayal as angels with wings and haloes; that was adopted by later 2nd Temple Judaism from the Persian (Iranian) source.

So, having researched that Judaism has its roots in the "false" worship of Egypt and Persia, with immense ramifications for Christianity, I kicked it all in to touch and my family and I haven’t prayed since.

The important thing to realise is that we haven’t been struck by lightening and that once one rids oneself of the fear of God one can begin to live – and I mean REALLY live!

I don’t smoke and I don’t drink (can’t stand beer). What I mean by REALLY living is that I am free to thoroughly enjoy life without being shackled to a book of fables and a cult organisation.

For the first time in 19 years my two sons and my wife and I are enjoying the extra time to do things together. Weekends are now looked forward to, instead of hating the thought of knocking on people’s doors every Saturday and Sunday or going to a meeting and being bored out of our skulls! We read a lot more, also, and have wonderful hobbies. We also don’t fear death, because we have learnt that spirituality comes from within and is not dependent on our serving some divine being. Being free of fear is a wonderful thing.

Dansk

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Dansk: Nice to hear from you. Interesting post.

It never ceases to amaze me, how JW's on their exit, once finding they have been duped, move on from questioning the organization, to questioning EVERYTING to do with once entrenched beliefs.

I have always compared it to a pendulum swing....who knows where it will finally stop.

Some would say of us, we have become a "godless" people. and I guess that could be worn as a "badge of honour" as is the "apostate" title

Dansk, I imagine you have not done this much research / homework since school

Regards: David

• Englishman
    Englishman
    in 1998 my wife and I were desperate to return to Manchester

Wow. Things must have been bad!

Englishman.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Good to hear from you again Dansk.

Yep, xJW's go through a lot of changes and scratch their heads at where they once "were".

I'm enjoy Karen Armstrong's books on The History of God and The Battle for God. Very good history about religions.

HA! we were serving the god El and didn't know it! hehe

hugs to you and your family,

j2bf

• Undecided
    Undecided

Good for you, Dansk, you came to an enlightened conclusion that allowed you to live again. I feel free to think about God as I please also, even being mad at him for making all those little pest that plague us and making storms, floods and such. I figure if there is a God he can be as accountable as us for his actions. I really don't think he or it is even interested in us at all.

Ken P.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi David,

I have always compared it to a pendulum swing....who knows where it will finally stop.

One thing's for sure - it ain't coming back!!

Dansk

• sidney
    sidney

HI Dansk,

I drifted out late 1999, very hard break but the best thing I did, I am loving the time I can spend with my family, and not dread the weekends anymore, I can be true to myself and not have to lie and make excuses which is what I did nearly every weekend when I was going to the meetings. Sidney x

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Nice to see you brother Dansk. Few have your willingness to have ones sacred cows slaughtered; far too much personal identity tied up in them. Who would I be without my personal god(s)? Scary just to think of it. So what now? Gods, separate and apart from us are seen as jokes; foolish ideas; hollow beliefs; nothing more than mental creations. Yet, the awe and wonder of the universe, of existence, is still there; perhaps more than ever. So, what is True? We are coming to see clearly what is un-true, but, what is TRUE?! Who am I? Who are you? If I don't know who I am, then can I truly know anything? Really? JamesT

• acsot
    acsot

Dansk!

You're back!

I know exactly how you feel - freedom is so incredibly precious! Last Tuesday evening (book study night) I attended a poetry/prose evening, something I had always wanted to attend but never had time, after all, there were so many other more important things to do, like read the Watchtower . I sat on a hard chair, listened to published authors and some hopeful writers, reading their thoughts, emotions, creations, to us, strangers brought together by the love of the written word. I could not believe my eyes when I glanced at the time as the readings ended and realized that TWO hours had flown by. One hour at the book study seemed like a week.

Wonderful, blissful freedom.

(JamesT - glad to see your posts again!)

• Joker10
    Joker10

It only takes 25 days to sell a house in California!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit