LIFE AFTER FEAR

by Dansk 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I began to realise that Jehovah couldn’t lose! We praised him when things were good, but we never once blamed him when things went pear shaped.

perfectly said, Jehovah gets all the praise when things go good, and Satan gets it when it goes bad, and if you are a JW and things are going bad, it's because you're not doing enough service and personal study. WHAT A SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear ALL,

It's been almost three years since I started this thread but, after a time of reflection, I thought it might be helpful to new ones especially.

Most here know my story, told in the thread 'TORN APART', and of the many trials and tribulations my family has been through - but by no means worse than many others here! My family contains six people and now only one is truly a JW! Five out of six is an excellent score, but I'm still hopeful of getting my older daughter out - one day!

Even after (and many times during) my recent health scare, life continues to be wonderful. Last weekend Claire and I finally managed to attend Englishman's barbecue, an annual event held at his house in Weston-super-Mare, southwest England, but which my illness prevented me from previously attending. Now, having thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - and I mean THOROUGHLY - Claire and I are determined to attend as many apostafests as we can. The people we have met from this forum have been truly wonderful - some absolutely inspiring! We cannot thank you enough for helping us heal since exiting Watchtower - and meeting so many of you in the flesh has been such a rewarding experience and so far removed from the picture painted by Watchtower. For 'apostate' read ' genuine person'.

So, for those of you who wonder what life is like outside the organisation, believe me when I say there is a wonderful world with a plethora of loving people just waiting for you to experience.

Many who have recently left the organisation will still be hurt and very sensitive. Please fear not. This forum should give you an idea of the amount of love that abounds - and never be put off by the word 'apostafest'. It just means a gathering of wonderful people who have real empathy for your plight is taking place and I heartily recommend that you attend your local one. Better still, do what most of the people at Englishman's BBQ did - travel to get there!

We met people from Holland, Germany, Ireland (hic), USA, Norway and France. It was truly tremendous and has whetted our appetite to attend as many more as possible. I do know that moves are afoot to hold an event here in the northwest SOON! Claire and I will definitely be attending!!

Fear! What fear?! There really is a great life to be had outside the Org and Claire and I invite you to share it with us and with everyone else here. It does take courage to leave one's congregation, we know, but when you well know that you are being held captive by fear it really is comforting to know that there are so many people who are ready to be of help and who can genuinely relate to what you are going through.

This forum has been a godsend. Whether one still believes in God or not isn't a problem. We all get along famously and we are not judgemental. All everyone wants to do is truly live and move on from the memories that had us in shackles for so long. Coming here, meeting forum members and now having attended our first apostafest has been a superb healing experience. Claire and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Here's to your healing and freedom!

Love,

Ian& Claire

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Amen to that Ian and I hope to see you and Claire next year - hopefully with my wife.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Great thread Ian and a fabulous more recent post!

DB74

• clarity
    clarity

Words from Ian ....

for the Newbies

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The great Dansk ! may he R.I.P , all his posts are worth a read.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I miss him terribly!! But he is in Paradise I am sure

• clarity
    clarity

Grace .....

• mouthy
    mouthy

clarity

• noni1974
    noni1974

I miss him too.