OMIGOSH! John 5:39, 40...

by AGuest 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Don't be botherin my buddy shelby right now fark......she's busy typing a buttchewin post back to me at the moment

Shelb.....PM me with your PH# again if you would. I may be headed down your way soon.

Hugs...

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

peace to you, dear one!

No, JAH was speaking of my Lord. It was a prophecy... further fulfilled by JAH's words at Matthew 17:5. Truly.

Oh, and no buttchewin'. Just check your email.

Peace!

Your friend and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am doing quite fine... peace to you!

And, of course, I "hear" you. A great deal has been added... and taken away. But, that's understandable, isn't it? I mean, who would WANT to serve a god that seems so... ummmm... "brutal." Ahh, the false stylus of hte secretaries ("Let's make Him even MEANER... then folks will be scared of us by means of OUR god! No, no, don't put in the part about His mercy and loving kindness... no, don't tell Him just how many times He REALLY let us off the hook! That'll make Him look like a pansy! Pump it up!!!)

Funny how folks say they "see" the Christ... but don't "see"... JAH. Praise JAH that YOU "see" Him, dear one!

The greatest of love... and peace... to you!! Truly!!

Your servant, friend, sister (in Abraham/Israel)... and a servant of Christ,

SJ

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

For the LIFE of me... I could not understand why some would read John 5:39, 40...

- that's three fullstops Shelby darl'n , count 'em!

best wishes, unc.

ooo and my lords best wishes to Mr.Farkel too!

• gumby
    gumby

Unc!

Where have you been and where's my unanswered PM I sent you? Check your box........and welcome back........ya Bastard!

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Bro.Gumboot,

I just replied to ya ...ya schitzophrenic insulta! ... now can we get back on with the Shelby lovefester?

unclebruce

ps: You're OK, Shelby's OK, but I'm a tad woried about that Lord MeSShuha sulking in the corner

• AGuest
    AGuest

Boy, where you 'bin???!!!! How ARE you??? How's "things"??? It is SO good to hear from you!!! Thought you'd drop off the face of the earth... down under there - LOLOLOL! (You all are standing upside down, aren't 'cha?)

Welcome back... and love and peace to you... you scroundrel, you!!

Take care!

Your servant and friend,

Shel

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AGuest

Tell us more about "JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH"

Like when (a date), where, and how did you meet?

Maybe you could tell us some things about him that we can't read in the Bible.

Is there anything that you think the bible has incorrectly recorded about him?

Wait, now. Don't run. What about Chapter 18... verses 18 and 19? Moses wrote those, too, yes? Well, what did he WRITE there?

"A prophet I shall raise up for them from the midst of their brothers, like you; and I shall indeed put my words in HIS mouth, and he will certainly SPEAK to them all that I shall command him. And it MUST occur that the man who will NOT listen to my words that he will speak in my name, I shall myself require an account from him."

Are you telling us you are a prophet or prophetess?

Tell me, dear DDog... do YOU listen to Moses? Are you... SURE?

I'm SURE

D Dog

• mouthy
    mouthy

Peace to you Gumby!!!!!( Ask & you will receive )lol((((HUG))))

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Shel writes;

Now, reading that, wouldn't you OF COURSE think that one SHOULD search the scriptures because eternal life is in THEM... because they testify about Christ? Well, that's what it says to ME! But... this is FALSE... a TRUE MISTRANSLITERATION!!!

How do we know? Well, if one would look up the Greek writing, one WOULD see the word "Search". It is there. However, one would have took a little FURTHER... and see that the King James version... also makes reference to TENSE! And the TENSE used here... is PRESENT tense! As in what one is doing... NOW... versus what one must do... later! What does that MEAN? That the word "search"... in and of itself... is inaccurate. For the word "search"... just "search"... is FUTURE tense! It means TO search... to do something in the FUTURE.

Search the Scriptures—

Åñåõíáôå ôáò ãñáöáò . This should be translated,
    not in the imperative, but in the indicative mood—thus, Ye search the Scriptures
    diligently. That these words are commonly read in the imperative mood is
    sufficiently known; but this reading can never accord well with the following
    verse, nor can the force and energy of the words be perceived by this version.

Adam Clarkes commentary states:

The rabbins strongly recommend the study of the Scriptures. The Talmud,
    Tract. Shabbath, fol. 30, brings in God thus addressing David: "I am better
    pleased with one day in which thou sittest and studiest the law, than I shall be
    with a thousand sacrifices which thy son Solomon shall offer upon my altar."

Perhaps the Scriptures were never more diligently searched than at that very
    time: first, because they were in expectation of the immediate appearing of the
    Messiah; secondly, because they wished to find out allegories in them; (see
    Philo); and, thirdly, because they found these scriptures to contain the promise of
    an eternal life. He, said they, who studies daily in the law, is worthy to have a
    portion in the world to come, Sohar. Genes. fol. 31. Hence we may infer:

1st. That the Jews had the knowledge of a future state before the coming of
    Christ; and

2ndly. That they got that knowledge from the Old Testament Scriptures.

The word åñåõíáôå , which might be translated, Ye search diligently, is very
    expressive. Homer, IL. xviii. l. 321, applies it to a lion deprived of his whelps,
    who "scours the plains, and traces the footsteps of the man

In the Septuagint, the verb åñåõíáù answers to the Hebrew ùôç chapash ,
    to search by uncovering; to ø÷ç chakar , to search minutely, to explore; to
    óùç chashaph , to strip, make bare; and to ùùî mashash , to feel, search by
    feeling. It is compounded of åñåù , I seek, and åõíç , a bed; "and is," says St.
    Chrysostom, "a metaphor taken from those who dig deep, and search for metals
    in the bowels of the earth. They look for the bed where the metal lies, and break
    every clod, and sift and examine the whole, in order to discover the ore." Those
    who read the verse in the imperative mood consider it an exhortation to the
    diligent study of the Sacred Writings.

Leaving every translation of the present passage out of the question, this is the
    proper method of reading and examining the Scriptures, so as to become wise
    unto salvation through them.

I think Jesus had them pegged. He knew that they knew the scriptures, but missed him.

btw, I think you have a dog tugging at your leg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit