OMIGOSH! John 5:39, 40...

by AGuest 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

dear PDome... for your kind words... and may JAH bless... to time indefinite!

GBall... I "hear" you.

Peace to you both!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

I do believe that the bible alone (sola scriptura) is suffiecient in itself to tell us all we need to know about God, Jesus and Salvation.

The point made about in John 5:39-40 is that the scriptures point us to Jesus Christ. The bible is a Jesus book and to read the bible and not see Jesus for who he is and what he has done and is doing to redeem his people is to miss the message of the bible completly.

sola fide,

jr

• Room 215
    Room 215

Interesting..... for me also, the inclusion by Jesus of the words ``you think" are significant in that it suggests that he sought to convey to his listeners' they they were laboring under a misapprehension.

• AGuest
    AGuest

You might want to take a peak at this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/57811/882699/post.ashx#882699

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

it warms my heart to know how many here get the SENSE of what he said. Praise JAH!

I tell 'ya... I am a STRONG advocate of education, particularly insofar as it teaches us to understand... well... comprehension of even the most elementary of word meanings, phrases and grammar in general. That in and of itself would "open" a lot of eyes. Can you imagine if they had that... along WITH "eyesalve" (holy spirit)?

Revelation 3:17

Ah, well... peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Clash:
    Good to see you back again. I'd wondered where you had gone. I hope things are well with you.

I disagree with your point, however. The scriptures only "testify" of that one. You know, yourself, that it's necessary to have a personal relationship with that one.

Further to that, Calvinists don't truly adhere to Sola Scripture, since there is also often an affirmation of the Westminster Confession of Faith. True?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

AGuest

Can you imagine if they had that... along WITH "eyesalve" (holy spirit)?

Well, now we know who has the "eyesalve"! Please reinterpret John 5:46,47 for us.

• AGuest
    AGuest

... and peace to you...

Let's see: it says there, at John 5:46, 47:

"In fact, if you believed Moses you would believe me, for that one wrote about me. But, if you do not believe the WRITINGS of that one, how will you believe my SAYINGS?"

Hmmm...

So, what did Moses WRITE? Tell you what... let's take a look at Deuteronomy. That book is attributed to Moses, yes? Well, okay.... Methinks Chapter 18... say, ummmmm... verse 15... is good. What did Moses write there?

"A prophet from your own midst, from your brothers, like me, is what JAH your God will raise up for you - to HIM.... you people should listen."

Hmmm...

Wait, now. Don't run. What about Chapter 18... verses 18 and 19? Moses wrote those, too, yes? Well, what did he WRITE there?

"A prophet I shall raise up for them from the midst of their brothers, like you; and I shall indeed put my words in HIS mouth, and he will certainly SPEAK to them all that I shall command him. And it MUST occur that the man who will NOT listen to my words that he will speak in my name, I shall myself require an account from him."

Hmmmm...

Tell me, dear DDog... do YOU listen to Moses? Are you... SURE?

Peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• gumby
    gumby

"

A prophet from your own midst, from your brothers, like me, is what JAH your God will raise up for you - to HIM.... you people should listen."

I thought this was in answer to the people's request at MT.Horeb to have Moses deliver gods message, as they were afraid of being consumed by fire from him? In answer to their plea, god said he would raise up a prophet for them and their offspring. This he did by appointing Joshua, and then prophets after him. I don't see a messianic prophecy here. God supposedly filled a NEED they requested at THAT time..............not hundreds of years later in Christ.

Gumby

• Farkel
    Farkel

Howdy Shelby.

" For the LIFE of me... I could not understand why some would read John 5:39, 40...

"For the LIFE of me...I could not understand why some would read Leviticus 31 and not see the idiocy and abject evil in it."

"For the LIFE of me...I could not understand ANY sensible person reading the book of Jeremiah and not seeing a more convoluted, idiotic and disorganized book that is so dis-understandable that even true believers with a shred of common sense could only conclude that it was unworthy of the authorship of any God." Let alone the worst human writers that ever existed on this planet.

How you doin' by the way, my dear?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit