Are you with a JW or a non-JW?

by Out At 22 47 Replies latest social relationships

• Mr Magoo
    Mr Magoo

Hi'

I'm an Atheist living with a JW, and we're actually doing very well.

I go with her for the one-or-more day conventions (actualle wnt to the international convention in Copenhagen this summer yyyyaaawn!).

Now, I can imagine how difficult it must be to have been a JW married to a JW and then no longer want to be an active witness. That must be really difficult.

With love

Mr Magoo

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am a never-JW married to a Jehovah's Witness. It is indeed hard, especially around Christmas. It would be OK if he let me alone to celebrate with my familiar joy, but the constant grousing and mumbling pagan, pagan pagan is a real downer. I am convinced the WTBTS set up these unreasonable burdens on it's members to alienate them from non-witness family and friends, and thus cut off any dissenting voice. A Jehovah's Witness can talk all they want about mutual respect, but participation and understanding only goes one way - to the Kingdom Hall.

How can there be open dialogue with a society whose unofficial motto is "Nobody else has the Truth!"

• waiting
    waiting

My husband was born to jw parents. He's 57, I think.

I became a jw (which is even worse) at age of 20. So I was in for 30 yrs.

We've both been FREE of the jw's for 3 years. We slunk away. lol - The Slunkers

Is it slink, slank & slunk or slink, slinked, slinked

Either way..........sounds rather nasty, eh?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You two slinkers slunk away, huh?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My wife is and XJW.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm in a relationship with a non-JW.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Wasn't raised it, but became one as a teenager (JW).

Left in the late fall of 1983, and I believe DF'd (not sure) in the spring of 1984.

My favourite line in this thread:

He doesn't have much to do with any religion,but believes in a higher power,like me.

Shera.....my mind went 'out there' for a moment, and I thought about it, and wondered if YOU were the 'Higher Power' your husband believed in?

If so, I'd say: good choice

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Me exjw DA'ed. And I walk my I am not a lipstick kinda gal!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have a wonderful non jw/ non exjw sweetheart. He is very supportive and loving when it comes to my recovery from the borg. He is the one who encouraged me to read more "apostate" sites on the net. He encouraged me to read A Crisis Of Conscience. He was raised Catholic but left the church. He became an agnostic/athiest....that is until we met. Now he is convinced, as is his very Catholic family, that God brought us together. I want to believe they are right. I mean it would be easier for me to believe if the JWs didn't drill it into my head that I am evil and God couldn't possibly be interested in helping me. But our relationship is so good for us both I can't help wondering....

My ex JW told me no one was going to want me or put up with me when he divorced me. My ex hasn't dated because no one wants to listen to his constant bitter complaining about me. I thought he'd burn rubber going back to the meetings when I told him he was scripturally free. He didn't. He is still inactive.

Heather S.

• woodland
    woodland

My husband is not a JW. We lived together for four years before getting married.

It?s funny because my husband can?t understand the JW?s, no matter how hard he tries. He?s gone for a drink with my Stepfather, Brother-in law and Uncle (all are elders) upon his own request to try to make sense of it. The only question he wanted answered was besides becoming a Witness, how could he improve relations with his new in-laws so they can have a relationship.

The only answer they gave was: Would it really be so bad being a Witness?

I think we all know the answer!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit