Are you with a JW or a non-JW?

by Out At 22 47 Replies latest social relationships

• Out At 22
    Out At 22

My boyfriend (feels more like fiance though I guess as we've talked about but just need the ring) and I have been together over two yrs and living together for over a yr. He never was a JW, and professes to be NO religon and isn't even sure god exsists.

Is your signifigant other a JW or non-witness?

• gumby
    gumby

Hi outat22,

I was wondering if you would leave your boyfriend and run off with me?

Just kiddin dern it.

My wife is a JW, very loyal one........and I have been out 9 years.

Did you read all the comments to the bottom of another thread of yours?

Gumby

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi outat22,

I am married to another former JW whom I met through this board! We're both in agreement that we'll never go back to JW's or raise kids in that crazy place.

As far as God is concerned, I can see where your boyfriend is coming from. Religion just gets in the way of living logically and peacefully. Religion always boils down to the fact that you have to listen to a man (or woman) tell you how to worship God. As if they had some special knowledge or something.

I still believe God exists, but he seems rather preoccupied at the moment. And no, he's not interested in the "sanctifcation of his name" or "vindication of his sovereignty" here on earth as was pounded into our heads back when we were dubs. I think he's working on a science project or something, and just letting people on earth just pound the hell out of each other.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

My boyfriend is a non jw but he respects my past and my need to vent about the org

• shera
    shera

Nope no JW here, he was brought up as a born again but doesn't attend church.He doesn't have much to do with any religion,but believes in a higher power,like me.

• freein89
    freein89

my husband has never been, but geez gumby, how does that work?

Deb

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

He's an XJW. I was never a JW.

Lisa

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

My husband is a true atheist agnostic. He tells me he is the spawn of Satan. Makes for a fun life together. Especially for me that was raised to believe that everything you think and do is wrong.

Leslie

• kls
    kls

My husband is a jw. .

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Wife is an xjw as myself. Girlfriend is a non-jw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit