Are you with a JW or a non-JW?

by Out At 22 47 Replies latest social relationships

• freedom96
    freedom96

My wife grew up as a witness, and like myself, left in her early 20's.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hunny-Bunny was never JW. Currently he's vaguely Christian, but belongs to no church (coool!)

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Non, but my family really believes they can convince her to become one and bring me back in the fold.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

he's non jw.... really very proud to be an atheist. and he doens't get my whole need to vent against the dubs..... but it's ok. he lets me vent about other things.

melissa

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Hi, I'm new to the boards trying to learn about JW's. I am married to one who was DF'd for 10 yrs (now that I know what that is), and decided last year right b4 Christmas to go back full force. We have been together 5 yrs-(lived together first for 2 1/2 (both of us were married b4) and now married for 3.) BTW, his first wife, marriage, kids, entire family is still JW, all in good standing (third generation dubs!). He DA'd before their divorce, told me he was "mad at God"

I am a Trinitarian loving, Jesus loving Christian-I guess if you need a label, "born again"-YUK I hate labels... Anyway, before we married, I asked him ALOT of questions about his belief in God. He said at that time that he was a Christian, and that he believed in the Trinity. I did not know that dubs did not believe in the Trinity when I asked btw. We have celebrated all holidays, etc. together as a family for the last 4 years. I thought we were on the same page together, and now realize that we never were even in the same book.

So much more to say, but let me sum it up by saying this is a living hell. With the holidays and both my son's and my b-days coming up things will be that much worse. Yes, I HAVE attended meetings with him, HAVE read tons of WTS literature, lurked on this board trying to find out about YOU and your lives. I have done just about everything I can to learn and not BECOME a JW, so I can hopefully understand better.

He will be reinstated soon, and I am told this is when the fun will really start.... Please don't tell me how bad it will get-we are already there-I need some encouragement and hope! Thanks to all for sharing your lives and stories, I have learned so much.

• wednesday
    wednesday

my hubby is an inactive JWS who still believes. He makes things a bit unhappy for me(holidays moslty) but he does let me read selected posts from the board to him. He is thinking. Good start.

• SM62
    SM62

"My first wife was a JW who would drink poison Kool-Aid if the organization told her to."

Classic, NeonMadman! She sounds just like my husband.

He is well and truly, completely and utterly obsessed with his JW religion. I am slowly fading away because I have had a enough of their poison to last me a lifetime. He thinks it is only a matter of time before I am regular at meetings again. I feel guilty because he is such a nice guy - the congregation elders really take advantage of him because he is so willing to be 'used'

I wish he would look at this board or read some of the other writings I have come across on the net lately, but I know he won't. He will never, ever consider that the WTS could be wrong on certain matters. I don't think that everything I was taught by JWs is wrong, but certain practices like shunning and DFing, DAing etc make me feel so depressed and I feel hurt when people sit at the back of the KH being ignored. It makes me want to burst into tears and I can't face going to meetings at the moment because of this. There are many other issues like the UN scandal, paedophile issue, abuse of power, hypocisy etc that also makes me not want to be a JW any more - but hubby won't even listen when I try to explain.

Terri

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    He thinks it is only a matter of time before I am regular at meetings again.

Sounds exactly like my ex. Even when she moved out and filed for divorce, I believe that she never thought I'd let it happen. I'm sure she thought that I'd come running back to the Hall and be a good little dub - after all, I had compromised so many times before to keep our family together. But I didn't, I had had enough. She wasn't nice, like you say your husband is, she mostly treated me like dirt. And our daughter had gotten married and left home, so it was just her and me, and being with her wasn't very pleasant. Besides that, there was no way I was ever becoming an active Witness again. So her little manipulation backfired, and now she shares an apartment with her brother.

By the way. she always told me that men were always chasing her, and if we broke up, she'd be able to get someone easily, whereas no one would ever want me. I got married to my high school sweetheart 6 months after the divorce was final. My new wife treats me better than I've ever been treated before in my life. And my ex? Still alone 3 years after the breakup (but did she ever flip out when she heard that I was remarrying!). I think all the elder types run for the hills when she starts telling them about how the witches follow her around all the time. I do wish she'd find someone, though, the alimony is killing me. (But then, it's worth every penny)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My fiance has never been a JW and has no desire to join any religion, but she lets me talk about the JW life because she's fascinated at the history and beliefs of various religions. She'll also understand my mother my sister-in-law, my nephew and my niece much better.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I left over 4 years ago, but my husband is still in, and I suspect, always will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit