Has The Internet REALLY Hurt Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 96 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower Society tries to "demonize" the internet. What damage do you think the internet has caused on the Jehovah's Witness religion???

• little witch
    little witch

Good question, Min.

I say yes, it has hurt them. How? The net acts as a "mirror" and uses their own words and actions against them.

It educates all sorts of people to their intents. It is a sounding board for those who need to vent.

It acts as an echo, for those who feel alone.

It allows curious minds to act in anynimity (sp) to question.

It allows questioning, doubt, curiousity, and opinion.

Heck yes, it hurts them. It permits all that the watchtower forbids!

• berylblue
    berylblue

I am only one person, but the information on the internet (as well as Crisis of Conscience) have convinced me that the WTS is no better than the religions it bashes with offensive vehemence and regularity.

• Brummie
    Brummie

If a cult cant control the selective information it feeds its followers, then its receives a blow.

Because of the net, It can no longer control the truth about its history, so its future is questionable.

Brummie

• nelly1
    nelly1

beryl blue SISTER YOU ARE RIGHT ON

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Because of the net, It can no longer control the truth about its history, so its future is questionable

Very true!

"Those who control the past control the future." - 1984

• micheal
    micheal

Nice thread min. Without a doubt it has hurt them, it's not a big wound but it has the potential to be. I know when I was having doubts the first place I went to was the internet. And it solidified my doubts with a lot of proof that I needed to have. Then from there I left. Let's hope it happens to millions more.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

ha ha, else, you beat me to it!

But don't forget the second part of that quote from '1984':

"Who controls the past, controls the future: who controls the present controls the past

The internet has given 'present' control to us, and has ripped some of the power that the WTS holds over R&F JW's.

Now the WTS' dirty past and present lies are being exposed for all to see.

Winston.

• Lutece
    Lutece

I'm a newspaper columnist writing for the last five years on internet topics. When I da'd they blamed it on the Internet of course. I think it's been very instrumental in freeing those with the curiousity and intelligence to make their leave of the religion. It's the best thing since The Simpsons for corrupting the JW youth, lol.

Anne

• Nikita
    Nikita

Yes! It is the one "safe" place someone can go without fear of being "caught" by their peers.

Use to be if I had doubts and wanted to read a book, I'd be afraid that someone might "catch" me buying it or borrowing it from the Library.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit