Governing body giving false alarm as a watch dog

by Longlivetherenegades 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

I need help regarding a video where Geoffrey Jackson likened the governing body to a watch dog given false alarms to its owner just like they do regarding numerous false alarms about the world coming to an end.

Here is why I need that video. To make comparison with the words of Geoffrey Jackson (the false dog illustration) fully, the words of Gerrit Losch (who was reading out list of those who had given false predictions and alarms in times past before Jehovah’s witnesses took over)

and the watchtower referenced below.....

Today only one organization is exclaiming about this real peril. This is the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses. For many years now they have diligently sounded the warning. All others have remained silent. This very silence is the sign of a false religion. The Bible calls false religionists “dumb dogs” because they do not exclaim in warning: “They are all without knowledge; they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; dreaming, lying down, loving to slumber.”—Isa. 56:10, AS…Watchtower March 1, 1955 pp. 131-132)

What is the difference between a dumb dog that cannot bark and a dog that gives false alarm? A dog that barks but lack intelligence in what it does, is that dog not equally dumb?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Both dumb

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • no-zombie
    no-zombie

As Beth Sarim says, both are dumb.

Even so, what I have noticed from various Governing Body members, is that when they criticize the weakness of Christendom, they become highly emotive and lay on the curses of being a false prophet. However they make light of their own failures, by trying to use humorously excuses and comic relief.

No ... the Governing Body have always ran with two sets of standards of integrity, one for the world ... and one for themselves.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

A neighbor walks her "special needs" Beagle by our home daily. I can hear her from a block away...that damm dog has barked incessantly since the day she adopted it last year. It barks at every car, person, bird, dog, cat, tree and home. It is a "special needs" watchdog.....just like Watchtower...useless...

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's interesting that in the 50s the WT was condemning mainstream Christianity for not making false predictions. Think about that for a minute and let it sink in...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Balaam You're a scream😂😂

🐶🐶🐶

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Not Former;

We know. We know alllll about it.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ NotFormer 😂🤣😂🤣😂 that is an awesome spiritual light from the Guardians of Our Doctrines 🤣😂🤣😂

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ NotFormer 😂🤣😂🤣😂 that is an awesome spiritual light from the Guardians of Our Doctrines 🤣😂🤣😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit