"You owe Jehovah humility and HONESTY" - an email from a JW

by Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WAKEMEUP:

I agree with others on here who advise you to ignore this woman.

I know that her arrogance and presumptuousness gets you and you wish to put her in her place. But, unless you want further communications, drama and visits from the spiritual police, I would stay quiet.

Every “fader” gets this garbage from self-righteous JWs.

• jp1692
    jp1692

LHG: self-righteous JWs

I had to laugh because it's so redundant!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I warned you to be careful that your "questioning" doesn't get out of control and turn to actual sinning against Holy Spirit?

First off testing the Holy Spirit is apart of being a true Christian as instructed accordingly in the bible.

1 John 4:1 ......

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Yes so heinous that millions of people's lives have been saved by the use of blood transfusions and thousands of people's lives were lost by JWS who were brainwashed to think it is more righteous to sacrifice their own lives by refusing a blood transfusion.

The JWS like to point the negative aspect of blood transfusions as they have occurred but negate to honestly point out the positive aspects.

The idiot bible theologians of the Watchtower Corporation decided upon themselves that the ancient Hebraic " Dietary Law " of not eating blood is relevant to the transfusion of blood today into saving a human life as a medical treatment.

As its known the leaders of the WTS/JWS were and are novice bible theologians who created their own specific doctrines ie. 1914 the blood ban etc. to identify themselves within their own endeavor of self empowerment, the consequences of those personal endeavors have cost the lives of thousands who were falsely lured into their intent of self empowerment.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Send her the paragraph that pale put in his post and follow it with proverbs chapter 4. JW s cherry pick and only use verse 18 then twists its meaning but the whole chapter is about wisdom and once you gain it it’s like the light of understanding. This chapter shows that it’s ok to gain wisdom unlike what WT says.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Now, I'm just wondering... do I even bother with this, you guys?

Interesting post. I like the fact that in spite of everything, as passionate as she comes across, she can still sustain a conversation with you. That shows at least some sense on her part.

If it was me, I'd consider the conversation that you had about blood transfusions, completely ignoring (or most of it) the content of the email in the other matter. The reason I'd do that is that I'd agree with her about the fact that there are dangers in blood transfusions, and that there are truths about what many medical professionals say in terms of being cautions, and everything else that is relevant.

I think that some JWs need to see that outsiders are not the monsters that they are made to be, and that we can be reasonable, and we don't need to be anti-them.

Then in later conversations I'd address anything else if at all. Personally I have no interest in convincing, saving or converting anyone of/to anything, but that's how I'd address it if I did.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    She did email me some Youtube links to Governmental videos speaking about the dangers of transfusions (yes - there are some videos like that which exist). I thanked her and promised to read/watch all that she sent me. And I did!

Boy, I just love when JWs take this idiotic route. Even if they were dangerous ( which they are not), why does that even matter?

Taking a blood transfusion is not like going looking at a menu to pick an option. The reason to take a blood transfusion is when you absolutely need to do it to save your life. Is it less dangerous than just dying?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Wake me, wishing you all the best for your son's operation. Take care, both of you.

• Giordano
    Giordano

What operation? I ran through these posts twice then looked at your topics ........... I am either blind as a bat or this was private information.

So to cover my bases......... definitely good luck with your son and his medical procedure.

As other's have said you can just drop it. Unfortunately It has taken me over 70 years to be able to 'drop it'. But I still huff and puff and bite my thumb.......... which is an old Italian tradition and a significant part of 'dropping it'.

Having said all of that I might have replied:

"Isn't it wonderful that we live at a time where one can have freedom of religion to believe as they choose and just as important........ to be able to have freedom from religion. I find it interesting that you can't have one without the other.

Isn't it amazing that we live at a time when we can worship our god in ways that can fill our spiritual needs.

My best to you.

Stormy Daniels"

• Moster
    Moster

What Finkelstein said.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Sinning against the Holy spirit is an Unforgiving Sin - Bible

So you can sin against Jah and it will be forgiven ?

Does this make any sense at all ?? According to JWs, Holy Spirit is Jah's Active force. How one can sin against this.

Moreover, according to the above Bible verse (And JW Understanding) this Holy spirit is more powerful than Jah itself. Absolute nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit